1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

disneyworld solo?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by UKTim, Aug 4, 2008.

1. UKTim

UKTim Earning my ears

could you or would you do disneyworld on your own? I have a trip to tampa soon and I could try and get to disneyworld but it would be on my own. I dont know whether to bother

2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Have you never been before Tim?
    If so then it`s well worth going even if you are solo. Obviously it`s better if you have someone with you to bounce off the experience, but you will find out what a great place it is and I guarantee that you`ll be back.

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I would! Ive never been on my own and I think it would be a different experience, but one well worth having

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

In a heartbeat :lol:
    Yes, I do love my DH and I love being at WDW with him but, if I was single...I'd absolutely love to go on my own :p015: No one else to think about....go where you want when you want. I could hang around the tigers at AK all day if I wanted too :sunny4:

5. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

I've done it. Six days in Orlando alone. It was cool. I sat on a bench in Epcot and watched the world go by. I did what I wanted to do when I wanted to do it. :D

6. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

If you have some free time, then why not. :D

I have spent a lot of time pottering around on my own, while DH is on the scary rides, and I love it. I've met and chatted to some lovely people whilst having coffee etc. :thumbs_up:

7. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

I'm doing it next December. Decided I needed some 'me' time as I always seem to go along with what others want to do. So BC will do for me next year, by myself, getting up when I want to get up, going to whichever park I want to go to and generally only worrying about myself. Don't get me wrong, I love going with DD and DGD but I just fancy a week to myself :yes:

8. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

As much as I love going to Disney with family and friends, I just love being on my own there. Just like Dawn said, I do what I want when I want to do it and I just love that.

9. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

My first visit to WDW (MK only at that time) was solo, and half of my 8 WDW visits have been solo.

If you enjoy doing things solo, you'll enjoy the experience. It's different than going with family or friends, but equally good in its own way. As Dawn & Dorothy noted, you can do what you want, when you want to do it! :lol: That's a bit draw for me! :)

10. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

i quite often split up from the rest of the family as i'm not riding a ride or something and go off myself and enjoy my sitting watching people, listening to the sounds and soaking up the atmosphere. I like this equally as much as the rides. I would definitely go on my own if i got the chance, it would be a different holiday but i'd try it.

11. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

I would ABSOLUTELY go on my own....if for no other reason than to be able to stop and snap a photo whenever I wanted to!