1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

DLRP-BRAND NEW for 2008, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort Paris' started by Wendy, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Disneyland Resort Paris celebrates all things Halloween in a month long festival from 4th October until 2nd November 2008. In true Disney style, guests will be entertained in a 'spook-tacular' way that will make the whole family scream with laughter!

There will be a host of freaky goings on in the Disneyland Park to trick or treat guests in to having a fright-fully good time. Frontierland is dressing up for Halloween this year, too! Guys and ghouls can enter the magical world of 'Halloweenland' if they dare and help the Disney Characters celebrate the spirit of the scary season.

For the first time ever at Disneyland Resort Paris, Fantasyland will host four Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Parties* in the weeks leading up to the calendar's most haunted night. Families can party the night away in this ultimate Halloween party in which kids are encouraged to don their most spooky dressing up outfits and celebrate with the Disney Characters. Some of the Fantasyland attractions will be opened exclusively for party goers with music, Streetmosphere and many other spell-binding surprises. (Ticket only event).

As if all that partying wasn't enough, Disneyland Resort Paris will invite guests to enjoy the thrills and chills of Halloween at its famous Halloween Party**! For those that crave more spooks and screams, guests are invited to join in the fun on the night itself, 31st October 2008, and dance with ghosts and goblins in a terror-rific DJ Party on Main Street, U.S.A. (Ticket only event).

Daily Halloween entertainment highlights include:

Disney Villains' Halloween Showtime, presented by Minnie Mouse dressed in her fancy Halloween dress, will take place on Central Plaza on Main Street, U.S.A. followed by a spine-tingling meet and greet with the Disney Villains
    Halloween Disney Characters' Express will travel down Main Street, U.S.A. with all of the beloved Disney characters on-board -- the perfect chance for kids to have their photo taken or get an autograph from their favourite character.

Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade, which features famous moments from popular Disney stories, will be preceded by a special Halloween parade featuring the Disney Villains, Pumpkin People and, for the first time, Tim Burton's Nightmare before Christmas characters Jack Skellington and his friend Sally.

After their appearance in the Parade, get up close and personal with Jack Skellington and Sally in a chilling meet and greet at Phantom Manor in 'Halloweenland'

Goofy and the Magic Pot, an exhilarating show where children can dance alongside Goofy himself and learn to make their own secret potion--a cauldron of pumpkin soup!

Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will take place from 8pm-11pm on 10th, 17th, 24th and 28th October 2008. Tickets are available in advance for £17 per person. **Halloween Party will take place on 31st October. Tickets are available in advance for £20 per person

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo Wendy ! Don't tell me that! I really want to go there now :( :lol:

3. Wendy

I know :lol: that's what I thought, but there is no way I'd convince Chris :lol:

4. keith

I'm already on the booking web pages! MNSSHP is great and thought I can't be in florida for it, this is truly great news! Thanks for telling us about it Wendy!!!

5. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

They definitely needed to do this! We were there near Halloween a couple of years ago and they really go to town with the way they decorate the park and it seemed a bit flat that there wasn't a party there. I also really want to go now :lol:

6. Claire

Claire She lost the crayons!

I can feel an early Christmas present coming on!

7. Jazmine

Jazmine Dancing Queen!

I want to goooooooooooooooooo but DH cant get time off work, his bosses are mean horrible people and i hope a seagull poohs on their heads tomorrow:oops:did i say that out loud !!!! :gy: :tongue0011-1: :mad: :( :slap:this is all for them :yes:
    Jacqui

8. Wendy

:lol: so I take it there's no chance he'll get some time off then Jacqui :D

9. The Blue Fairy

The Blue Fairy Earning my ears

I have tickets for MNSSHP :D

I read somewhere that the party is aimed at younger children so I don't think it's quite the same as the one in WDW. Nevertheless, I'm sure it'll be a heap of fun!

I'm sooo looking forward to getting a pic with Jack Skellington!! :sigs-tv-003:

10. keith

Im still so very tempted to try it :D

You seem like a bit of a DLRP expert? Have you been lots??

11. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

It's still in France. :(

12. keith

true enough but it's never been about florida heat for me, purely magic! Sadly the times I've been to DLRP it hasn't quite impressed me on the magic front either but I really think I need to give it another try

13. The Blue Fairy

Not really Keith, I've only been 4 times before these 2 trips planned for this year. I pick up most of my info from the net :)

I didn't know the party was aimed at younger guests until after I booked the tickets. But to see how they dress up Fantasyland will be cool and I'm hoping the atmosphere will be great. I'll be at the first one so lets hope they get it right on the night :yes:

14. The Blue Fairy

Yes I understand what you mean :yes:

I only go now if there's a particular season/theme on. Last Christmas season did have a touch of magic about it though :)
    And I try not to compare with WDW...but that can be hard at times :lol:

15. keith

I think not comparing is really important... really need to appreciate it for itself :yes: I really think halloween could be great there

16. The Blue Fairy

They do dress up the park fantastically. It's only fitting they should have more than one party other than the one on the 31st :yes:

17. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

I love it there, its close cheap and magical

18. UKTim

UKTim Earning my ears

Id like to try it but it seems expensive? Are there cheaper ways to get there and stay?

19. Ariel2008

Ariel2008 Earning my ears

The cheapest way to travel there is probably the ferry from Dover to Calais
    which is usually around £60-100. The only thing is its about 2-3hour from Calais to DLP and it depends how far you are from Dover. We have managed to use our Tesco Clubcard Vouchers for the Eurotunnel this time and it worked out at £25 in vouchers for 5 of us plus the car which we thought was really good. Plus were not limited to a luggage allowance like you are with a plane and can drive around to other places too.

As for going to DLP itself check out one of Disney's cheaper hotels i.e. Santa Fe, Cheyenne, or for more people the Davy Crockett Ranch has cabins and a brilliant pool. Or you could find a cheaper hotel outside of Disney if our willing to drive a bit longer and be outside the magic.

Hope this helps :p015:

20. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Thanks Ariel :hug2: Santa fe looks really nice actually