1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Do Disney do a resort/hotel tour?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by partygirl, Jun 10, 2011.

1. partygirl

partygirl Earning my ears

Just wondered if Disney offered any sort of tour where they showed the resorts and all the details in them :)

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

To the best of my knowledge this type of tour is not done by Disney. :(

3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

No they don't :sorry: but it sounds like a good idea :)

You could always do your own tour of the resorts, using the Disney buses :thumbsup:

4. WDW Vet

WDW Vet Forum Advertiser

The Wilderness Lodge had a tour that started in the lobby and brought you all through the Lodge explaining all details on the design and the building. The tour included a stop to the smokehouse where you got to sample the ribs. It lasts a little over an hour. But that was a few years ago and I'm not sure they still run it.

As everyone said you can visit any resort you like. If there is a particular resort you are thinking about staying at in the future you can tell the front desk and see if they would give you a peek at a room.

5. Casey3557

Casey3557 Earning my ears

I think they may have something for travel agents or writers. Just a guess. :unsure:

Other than that, we have done our own "tours". It is a fun way to spend an afternoon or evening. Although we almost always stay at OKW, we like to check out other hotels and DVC resorts. Although we have stayed in many of them throughout the years, it is enjoyable to check out the new ones that come on board.