1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Do Disney tickets expire?

Discussion in 'Tickets, Offers and Discounts' started by karen2, Aug 1, 2009.

1. karen2

karen2 Earning my ears

Just seen that ticket prices are going up tomorrow EEK and thought we could buy today but do they go out of date or can we buy today and not use them till next year?
  2. premier travel

premier travel Forum Advertiser

Hi Karen we have ticket you can buy for a 14 day ultimate they are 218 pounds. They expire at end of 2009 so if you buy 2009 one they will expire end of 2009 if you buy 2010 they expire end of 2010. We have both 2009 and 2010 tickets.

regards
    Kim
  3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

This is really a tough question to answer. Disney does sell tickets that never expire. They also sell tickets whose expiration date is 14 days from the date of first use. Therefore you could buy tickets now and they would not expire until 14 days after you first used them.
  4. premier travel

You do have to buy them for the correct year though so if you are travelling next year that must be specified. Also you havet o ensure they are the non expiration tickets, there are tickets you can pay for locally that you add the non expiration part on.
  5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Not true if purchased from Disney directly.
  6. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

If you purchase your tickets from Disney.com then you have the option to select select their "No Expiration Option"

A Magic Your Way Base Ticket expires 14 days from its first use. However, when you add the No Expiration Option to your ticket, you're able to come back and take advantage of unused days at any time in the future.

You do not have to specify if you want the tickets for this year of any other year.

If you were to buy from an agent in the UK then you would more than likely have to choose which year, I think this is because agents buy their tickets in advance.
  7. premier travel

We buy ours from Disney and they are different in the uk as the ultimate tickets has 14 days unlimited water parks, themeparks etc from first day of use the 5 and 7 day premium are for 5 or 7 days into the theme parks and 5 or 7 visits to water parks, golf, etc again expires 14 days from first use. The ulitmate cannot be extended.

All the disney tickets in the uk state the year they expire on the back.
  8. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I've just thought of something else that is worth remembering.

If you have an ultimate ticket bought in the UK you can upgrade this ticket before you first use it at Guest Services to an Annual Pass. I had a 21 day ticket last year which I upgraded to an AP :D hopefully we will get the use out of it this year, if I am able to go :fingers: