1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Do we pay for ADRs when we book?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by chipndale, Mar 8, 2009.

1. chipndale

chipndale Imagineer

hi i tried calling for some reservations but they asked for my credit card and then the line dropped so ive come on here to ask why they needed the card?

Do we have to pay in advance or something? :unsure:

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Sometimes, depending upon what you are booking and the time frame. For example, when booking for Christmas you will have to hold it with a credit card (and pay a fee if not canceled according to policy).

I don't know all the instances when a card is needed, however.

Ask them why you need to hold it with a card any time they ask, and then be certain to understand what happens if you have to cancel.

I know that in the past they've charged $10 per person for not canceling properly. :eek: Could be different now.

I'm a little over Disney dining as we never seem to be able to get a reservation when we want one. :sigh:

3. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Several dining venues, such as the Fantasmic Dinner Package, require a credit card number when making your ADR. They don't charge anything unless you don't show or cancel within the policy.

Others, such as CRT, require full payment when making the ADR.

I'm sure Johnie or Val or someone with much more knowledge will be along soon with a more complete answer. :)

4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

The dinner shows (HDDR, luau and Mickey's backyard bbq) and CRT require payment in full when booking unless you are on the dining plan. They then require a cc number so that you cancel in time.

I know California Grill requires a cc number in order to book as well.

5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

And there are rumours floating around that they are going to start requiring a CC number for ALL ADRs to keep people from making multiple ones on the same day.

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I've heard that a number of times but it's not happened yet. I think they have their system set now so those sorts of things pop up? :unsure: Plus, with the new system they are currently working on getting in, I'm sure that will be addressed too. :yes:

7. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I think this is a good idea... especially if people dont take the time to cancel...