1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Do you Buy a Photopass?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Wendy, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Every year we pre-pay for Photopass and then get as many photos taken as possible. It's one of the few times we can have our photo taken together, so we take advantage of it whenever we can.

Once home I add the borders to the photos and then the cd arrives and it gets put away with the other years.

One year we had a Disney Photobook printed for a friend as a reminder of something special that happened and that was really nice, so I'm thinking I might go down that route as well or instead of the cd.

So I was just wondering how many people use Photopass and whether you actually print up photos or just leave it on the cd like we do.

2. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

We got the CD and then I uploaded the images to one of the many places that offer free prints and got them printed and made a big collage out of them. I also got some of them made into a photobook.

Will do the same next trip too. :thumbsup:

3. Sam

Sam Imagineer

We did the photo book as we were a little slow on finding the photographers and we didn't have that many pictures. I loved the sorting through and designing the pages, it was lovely. I was so pleased with the finished product.

This time I will make sure that we'll make more use of the photopass and probably go for the CD.

My friend had a lot of pictures with the characters added. We only had a couple, one with Snitch coming out of the ground and at the MNSHP we had the three ghosts, it would be nice to have a few more next time. Do you have to ask the photographer if they will set it up for the character to be added or is it just pot luck if you get one who does it?

4. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Yes! We get the cd and this past trip I used the prints to fill the 2011 photo album and made a collage for my Parents for Christmas :yes:

One other bonus is sometimes when your kids are meeting a character by the time you get past kids, pushy Parents, and Lord knows who else your kid is already on to the next character and you missed the shot! If it wasn't for the photo pass guy, we would have no pictures of Marc meeting his beloved Buzz! :unsure:

5. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

Im probably gonna be the only one that says this but I find them kind of boring and the quality isn't good. we did it last year and there wasn't really one out of all of them that I'd print out. I'm really not wanting to spend the money this year on it but I'm sure illbe beaten down by a certain some one!

6. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Agree sometimes the photographers aren't that good. Steven with Donald at the Mexico pavilion - completely drowned in shade. However others are lovely shots that we wouldn't have got with our camera. And of course it's a chance for us all to be in a photo together. Especially useful when you're at the water parks.

7. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Does everyone know that if you don't want to pay for the CD that you can just get the photopass, have the Disney Photographers take your picture and that they will also take one of you with your own camera? Of course that won't have any of the special effects.

8. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

That is very true John.
    I`ve never done the Photopass thing, but last year as we were leaving Epcot, I was just taking a shot of my DW in front of Spaceship Earth when one of the Disney photographers asked me if I would like her to take a photo of the both of us.

What followed was like a photo shoot as she must have taken around 20 shots in various poses....I guess it helps that my Nikon camera is almost identical to those used by Disney. :yes:

9. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

yeah i'll agree with you there

i'd heard that but never tried it, maybe worth trying it.

10. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I've bought the photo pass a few times. It's quite nice when you have a big group and are going to take full advantage of the photo ops. I haven't had any bad pictures taken (well none that was the photographers fault lol).

If you pre pay and then find you don't like the pictures you can get a refund.

11. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

I have prepaid ths year so hopefully we might get a few with us all on :)

12. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I love being behind the camera but I'm not so great in front of it :lol: so we never do photopass.. however, I have to say, i've been amazed by how great, friendly and professional they are. When they announced it I thought oh gawd, people pointing camera and shooting but actually all the ones I HAVE seen have been really great! They work in really tough situations, busy, often harsh sunlight, very little time and yet they seem to pull a great result out of the bag more often than not. Respect to them, I don't know that I'd be able to do that.

13. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I've met some really friendly photo pass CM's :). Though it is really hard not to be friendly with me when I turn on the charm :-D this is why Keith is afraid to meet me lol

14. Missus T

Missus T Imagineer

The first 2 visits we let the photographers give us a photopass, but we didn't buy the cd. However we did always ask them to take a few with my camera, which they did. The quality was never as good as their pictures, but at least we were both in them. This past year we went with my in laws for their first visit since the 80's, and both my mother in law and I pre-ordered a cd. It was SUCH a great idea! My husband and I went a little crazy going up to pretty much every photo pass photographer we saw, even if one was 20 feet farther away than the last one. But we got so many different viewpoints, and sometimes had a really good time with a particular photographer. One started snapping pictures even before they scanned our photopass while my husband was running slow motion towards her, with me laughing in the background. Will definitely keep buying them. Oh, and I keep the cd and develop a lot of the pictures.

15. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

I think we will when we go next year just so we can get some family shots together and also shots of Zac with the characters.

:wiggle:

16. tinkmidas

tinkmidas Earning my ears

yes looking forward to using ours this year. I just pre paid and it arrived promptly in a week. I think it will be nice to have the whole family in the pictures.

17. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

We've had some of our best ever photos from photo pass. We like the posed ones but I like getting a photographer who just snaps away like their life depended on it. We had some real caught off guard moments of the children taken which I love the most.