1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Do you go to the Water Parks

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Wendy, May 22, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

We've been to WDW so many times now I've lost count :lol: We have never ever been to the Water Parks, it's not really appealed to either of us as we are unsociable swimmers, preferring to use a pool on our own at the villa.

Are we alone or does anyone actually visit either Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon and if so which one do you prefer?

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We also have never been to one of the water parks. I'd love to do one someday but it just isn't a priority.

3. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

We go to Typhoon Lagoon. :yes:

It's a little calmer than Blizzard Beach, a little more laid back but still fun. Kind of enjoy getting a tube and just drifting around Castaway Creek. :thumbsup:

Tom :)macwave:... just remember where you got in...)

4. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

The last couple of times we have been to Orlando we haven't done the water parks for 2 reasons. 1 being not having the time and 2 it being too cold when we went in february. This time we are doing both blizzard beach and typhoon lagoon just so we have a couple of lazy days plus looking forward to taking Zac swimming :yes:
    :wiggle:

5. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

You are not alone Wendy.
    My DW and I also have never visited any of the water parks [apart from collecting some friends from there on a couple of occasions], for the same reasons as you stated.

6. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

yep, same for us. Never been, no real desire to either!

7. Sam

Sam Imagineer

We love the Waterparks, especially the kids. (oh yeh and my dad who is the biggest kid of all).

I have to be honest my absolute favourite is Aquatica but both Blizzard Beach and Typhoon are great too. The lazy rivers are a must, you can calmly float round for as long as you want and they take you all round the whole park. The beaches are nice but the water rides are also good if you feel like you want a little bit a break from the sunbathing. An added bonus is that parking is free too.

8. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

We go to both of the parks quote often. We hVe a traditional of getting on the lazy river on the first day of the trip to soak in the sun and to relax before madness begins!

As we stay at the resort we sometimes allow 'fate' to decide which water park we would be going. A bit of unplanned adventure.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?dez0rg

9. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Always hit the water parks.

I think I like Typhoon Lagoon best. Blizzard Beach hurt my eyes last time. All that white reflecting the bright sunshine.

10. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

We have never gone to the water parks as like others have said, usually go to WDW in the late fall, winter, or very early spring. If the temps are nice enough (and they have been pretty good save the one trip in January) we just pop by our resort pool for a while.

11. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Ive never been to a disney water park. First year we went we didnt do any as neither of us cared for it, but on our second trip we did and we have done ever since. We like Aquatica :yes:

12. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    I usualy go to TYPHON LAGOON

13. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

we went last year mainly for the kids, we were at typhoon lagoon 30 mins before opening and only just managed to get a sun bed in the shade. They were so close together you could hardly walk between them! It was actually my idea of hell. Lots of half naked people getting too close to me then getting in the water near me.....ewww people soup! I floated round the lazy river a couple of times, we only stayed for a couple of hours and I ended up with a stomach bug that evening!
    I"m hoping Caitlin doesn't want to go in December!

14. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

In all of our trips we managed just one day at typhoon lagoon. We rather spend the day in one of the parks or at the hotel pool.

15. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Interesting, so it seems a lot of us prefer to spend our time at the parks or by the pool rather than go to the Water Parks.

16. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I drop DH and the kids off at one of them and then I do my christmas shopping at DTD while they are there! I don't swim, don't own and would never wear a swimming costume and don't enjoy sharing water with other bodies! :lol: I have been to both though in the past and the theming etc is fantastic just not for me!

17. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

We've never been. We had the opportunity to go years ago (some offer or special that I don't quite remember now) and we talked about it but felt the boy was too young (I think he was about 18 months old then). Neither of us are that kind of water people. We like our pool and we like the ocean beaches but not into "playing" in the water if that makes any sense.

I imagine I could be talked into going if the boy wants to go at some point, but it won't be in a bathing suit, I can tell you that! :eek:

18. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I've been once, but in reality that was not my choice. I don't like water parks, my OCD kicks into overdrive in places like that. Not to mention, I would rather spend my days at the park.