1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Do You Have Your Photo Taken with the Characters

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Wendy, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We always have our photo taken with the characters. We've never had any comments made to us by others in line - and there are usually other adults only in line too.
    We've paid good money to enjoy the parks and sorry but, I don't think Disney is just for the kids, we are there to have fun too.

2. kennythepirate

kennythepirate Earning my ears

I like to take a few shots of the character alone, then have the CM take a pic of me or my family with the character using my camera. Often the photos that the CM takes aren't the best though. They seem quite rushed and the photos aren't the best quality.

3. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Yes, it the opportunity presents itself yes. Last trip we as Disney Visa cardholders got a special meet and greet. It was sort of cool. Not the same as it used to be when DD Alex was young. Have the fondest memories of the double decker bus pulling up in Epcot and all the Christmas themed characters were there as well as princesses and our favorites...the reindeer...they were a hoot!!!!

4. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

It's terrible that some people will make you feel bad for standing in line for characters! Disney Magic is for everyone!:nono:

I've never had a trip where I didn't line up for characters. I did the autograph thing on my very first trip when I was little, but I'm trying to work up the courage to do it again because I've heard people talking about getting the characters to personalize messages and I think that would make a wonderful keepsake. I'm just a little nervous about asking for that as an adult. :embarassed:

The trip before last was the first that I took with the man who is now my husband. He lived in Florida most of his life and so had been to Disney many times, but his family never let him stop for characters (which was unheard of for me). So we saw a lot of them during that trip, and now he loves it as much as me! He's partial to the princesses, and has had solo pictures taken with each of them. ;) I think my favorite characters to take pictures with are the Chip & Dale (who sadly I haven't been able to track down for a while), Minnie (she's my favorite Disney character), and Phineas & Ferb at Hollywood Studios. They are just so much fun!

5. kennythepirate

kennythepirate Earning my ears

Yeh, I get some odd looks at times being a married adult male with kids and taking photos alone. Often parents push their kids in front of me thinking I was the bored husband of the previous group. I have to explain that I'm alone and often wait for the pushy family to finish :) Chip n Dale are a blast. I like asking them to have a dance off. I like the Tremaines, Gaston and Alice. Alice is fun because here story is so odd.

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Check out EPCOT, Faystar. There are many wonderful opportunities there for character meeting and often the lines are not long at all. I've seen Chip and Dale quite a bit at the International Gateway. :yes:

Maybe guest services at EPCOT can help you locate where the characters will be at any given time.

7. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

That's a good point! We usually stop for the characters in the World Showcase but skip over the meeting spot in Future World for some reason! Must not do that next time. ;)

8. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

You can frequently see Chip and Dale, Mickey, Pooh and Friends by America in WS. They hang out in the little alley

9. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

We're all kiddies at WDW, :D so there's no reason to feel bad about lining up. I do like to have my photo taken but I tend to pop in when there aren't many people waiting.