1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Do you like airline food?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by goofygal, Aug 20, 2009.

1. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I grew up flying First Class because my dad worked for the airlines. When I started having to pay for my flights most of the first class flying stopped, needless to say. The airline food, whether first class or coach, however, was always palatable. Now however, if you can even find an airline that will serve food, it is not always so palatable. Most US flights don't even serve food any longer. Two years ago we flew BA to and from the UK. Going over we were in Club World and didn't eat dinner because we had eaten in the lounge before boarding. Breakfast was fruit and a bacon sandwich. Coming home we were PE. I don't even remember what we had but it was, at least, palatable.

2. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

What airline food? I don't think I've had any since deregulation! :lol:

Southwest--which I usually fly these days--serves peanuts or pretzels on most flights of 1 hour or more. Three hours or more gets you a prepackaged snack box--all processed foods. Like Tink, I usually carry my own. I do limit it to simple things like almonds, crackers, etc. And I buy a bottle of water on the concourse so I don't have to wait for a drink if my silly body decides it is dehydrating. :rolleyes:

3. Judith Chalmers

Judith Chalmers Earning my ears

I don't like airline food and usually just have the dessert and cheese and biscuits. It's a shame that Virgin have stopped that as it was my favourite thing. I may even think about taking some myself for the flight in future along with some crisps.

4. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

i really dont mind VA food at all, i have the kids and dens leftovers too :lol: