Do You Plan Your Day in a Walt Disney World Park

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World and Disney Springs' started by Wendy, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Active Member

Teacher/planetarium director
    I am afraid that will be the norm these days. I guess you have to plan it all out. We loved having hopper passes to come and go as we pleased. We have a loose plan but tend to ammend it when needed.

2. keith

keith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Home Page:
    At the moment, we plan ADRs so we know we're going to be at a certain park that day/time for that and everything else falls around it. Obviously we'll want to see the fireworks so we'll fp+ them ( I like the epcot area for that, not seen the MK ones yet).

Then we just wander round but it does mean some things never get done so I may well have to reconsider and try a few fp+s

3. Tony G

Tony G Active Member

Villa Owner
    Home Page:
    Well, if we're critiquing the FP+ system, I'll add my 2p:

I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit of a planner, so generally, I don't dislike the concept of planning attractions in advance but as an offsite guest, I feel more like an unwelcome guest. A 30 day head start for onsite guests is too much, I think. I've been experimenting and even 30 days out, first thing in the morning (around 6am UK time), some attractions have already stopped issuing FastPasses. Others have them, but only at Wishes o'clock.

My only gripes with the system in use is that I wish we were able to book for more than one park in one day (which I'm sure is coming, eventually) and I wish additional FastPasses for other parks were bookable on a mobile device, rather than forcing people to queue for kiosks. Queuing to avoid a queue is just plain wrong!

I'd also wish the whole process was slicker. Why can't I get push notifications that a nearby attraction has no queue, or a show is about to begin? I lost count of how many taps it takes to change a FastPass on my phone in the parks, so I instead count the number of people I barge into while I'm attempting it.

Finally, I'd love a way to get more FPs in a day, but I'm hesitant to say this out loud because it likely means Disney will be taking yet more of my hard-earned. :/

4. Johnie

Johnie Active Member

Vocational Counselor
    Tony,

the new Fastpass+ system may very well get to what you are wanting. It just isn't there yet. I do like the ease of using the magic bands for tickets, room key, dining plan. It IS handy for the fastpasses you book so you don't have to worry about slips of paper. But, when the technology goes down it is a mess! We experienced this in January. The MDE site was down and the CM's were telling people to take screen shots of their fastpasses in order to get on whatever attraction. There are kiosks but the lines for that were ridiculous!! The main issue I have with fastpass+ is that, in the parks, it is a huge battery drain!

I'm just thankful that I have been enough times and know that I will be going again that I can just take it easy. I really don't like planning everything to the nth degree.

5. robertcraig

robertcraig Active Member

retired
    Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Only ADR,S just go where the mood takes me

6. Oreo

Oreo Active Member

We planned quite a bit for our trip last year. I must say it did kind of take the fun out of it a little bit.

I think if we were to go again soon (which sadly were not), the only thing I would want to plan is ADR's and that's because we have to if we want to eat in the places we want.