1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Question Do you stay all day at the park or?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Keith, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Keith

Keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I was just wondering how everyone tackles the parks. Do you wake up early, get to the park in the morning and stay the full day doing all the rides you can? or do you get there whenever you feel like it, do a few things knowing you can go back another day?
  2. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

We vary. We used to just get on whichever bus came first, but now with needing ADRs and with the introduction of FP+, I think we'll need to plan more.
  3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

We tend to get there when we get there, gone are the days of making sure we are there for the rope drop :lol:

I don't know if it's age or the fact that we aren't worried about the rides, if there is a short line, then we will go on it, if not we will see what it's like the next day.

We don't tend to plan anymore, we just decide each morning what we'd like to do.
  4. Britchick

Britchick Forum Host Forum Host

we generally get there at rope drop then leave for or after lunch if it's hot. We go and have a break - swim- shop etc then go back in the evening. I don't have the stamina to do all day
  5. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

I love getting there for rope drop... can get so much done before all the crowds turn up then come lunchtime I'm done and ready for a swim in the pool. Only go in the evenings to see the fireworks. I've done all the rides I want to now so I mainly soak up the atmosphere now.
  6. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Usually go around 9am until closing. We stay all day unless we have seats booked for CdS which we watch each December......but usually do AK on that day so it doesn't really matter if we leave at tea time we won't be missing any park shows or parades and they come way above the rides for me.
  7. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We rarely spend an entire day in the park. Most of our ADRs are outside in resorts. Now, with FP+, since we don't do a lot of rides, there is even less reason to be there at rope drop. On our recent trip we had 3 days that we never set foot in a park.
  8. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

We were the same John, we were there for 4 weeks and I reckon we went to the Parks for 2 weeks, it may have been less.
  9. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

We tend to go whenever we feel like it. That's the beauty of the AP for us. I don't feel like I need to be in the park from opening to close. Sometimes we are.
  10. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

Ha! Me too! I stayed for two weeks at Palm summat or other (I forget) and didn't see Disney once or Universal! It was weird and hard but we just wanted to chill that time.
  11. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Well I am considering not spending much time at Disney on our next December/Januarytrip even though we have APs. Absolutely love the parades and shows but the lines are crazy. We come peak period in the summer too but it is nothing like this time of year. We should be used with this by now.....or we are getting old! Lines today are between one and two hours. Disney ap said 45 mins for PoC earlier and it was actually 80 mins according to the wait time board outside the attraction.
    Will be at Disney a lot during July/August but may stick to BG, SW and Universal for our Christmas trips.
    Our first cold day here today....we have jackets on. Back to 26 centigrade tomorrow.
  12. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

We are the opposite of rope droppers... we are park closers. We love the evening EMH at MK where the park stays open 2 or 3 AM. The earliest we get to the park is about 10AM but more often than not we arrive around 11am. Once we leave the park we almost never return and we dont park hop either. On those day/nights where we know that we are going to be in the MK until 3am we spend that morning at the pool and get some shopping in at DTD before going to the park.
    Beccaberry likes this.
  13. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

There is no such thing as a slow time at Disney any longer
  14. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Yep. This is us, almost to a T. Occasionally (rarely) we'll get there at rope drop or earlier, but there's usually always an ADR involved. At first it was because the kids enjoyed sleeping in a bit, but now it's just because I enjoy my morning "alone time" down by the pool, or my and Jon's leisurely walks to the boardwalk for breakfast...
  15. Keith

We're hardly ever in the parks during daylight any more! We'll usually get there when it's dark and spend the evening at a park either until it closes or close to it.
  16. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

We do each park (MK at least twice) opening to close. On other days we will go to a park at opening and then leave at around 4/5pm to go elsewhere to eat. Sometimes we will park hop.
    We tend to leave the hotel by 7am and don't get back to the hotel till 9 or 10 most nights! Apparently I have a lot of stamina!
  17. Keith

WOW! how good are you!!!!!!! that's amazing. I would simply be dead :lol:
  18. lisaw

My kids hate me though! Lol
  19. Britchick

Britchick Forum Host Forum Host

Me too! Is it stamina or determination? :lol: I wonder if it's down to the fact you have a lot of stamina due to being on your feet all day at work?
  20. lisaw

Quite possibly, I have never had a sitting down job, even when I didn't work when the kids were small I spent the whole time rushing from one club to another!
    Fitness/stamina is a funny thing though, I couldn't run to the end of my drive but I can walk for hours and hours!