1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Do You Take Advantage of FastPass

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Wendy, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I think in all the years we have been going I have never taken advantage of FastPass :unsure: Why I just don't know, maybe because we don't tend to stay at the parks for a long time and so the return time is too late.

Do you use FastPass and could you imagine visiting WDW without it?

2. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Yes, Maam we do. Every time. First thing we send out our scouting party (either my brother and myself or me and my daughter) with all the group's passes to hit our favorite in each park. We then meet by an attraction based upon our fast pass return time. We have it down quite well by now.

3. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

We never have until this last trip. We were having lunch near Soarin' and when I ran in it just so happened that the return time was just before our reservation at Garden Grill. So I got the passes and we (except for my Mom and Marc) got on just before dinner. There was an 80 minute wait, but it took us about 20 minutes to get on. :thumbsup:

4. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

We almost always have a fast pass in our possession. As soon as we enter the parks we get a FP for one of the big rides(Space Mtn,Splash,Soarin,TSM) and then we take it from there. I think it's one of the best ideas that Disney has come up with in terms of making our park experience more pleasant. I would never wait on a 90 minute line or even a 60 minute line and with FP I don't have to.

5. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Yes. Always. Especially for Soarin' and Test Track.

6. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Almost never

Occasionally we ll be by a ride and it'll say 60mins and we ll think ok fast pass and come back later but we re definitely not going all out to plan them or anything. I'd say maybe one the whole trip

7. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We generally do. However, most of the time when we are there the waits are not too long, except for Soarin' and TSM. At TSM we have actually had the chance to grab a fast pass and ride twice before we even used our fast pass.

8. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Very very rarely, the timing has never worked out great for us - if theres a big queue for something we will give it a miss and come back later.
    I remember doing a fp once for RnR and the ride broke down, so it actually wouldve been quicker for us to stand in the normal queue earlier on!

9. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

We do for some things. Especially if it is in a decent time frame. I do not like getting a FP in the am and not being able to ride until the evening. We tend to hop around so this does not always work out for us. AND we have tried to give or FP's to others so they can use it. THis is much more difficult than one would imagine.

10. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

We never did, and sometimes would take fps and forget tocome back on time, but this past trip, being Easter, we were only able to do as much as we did, because we used fps wherever we could!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

We have used Fast Pass. I think it is a great tool to help manage limited time for popular attractions. We use it sometimes to simply by pass the long lines, not because we are on a time crunch.

We've never done Soarin' without the use of FP for example. Who would wait on that line if there were options!? :eek:

12. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Sometimes for me.

It depends when the returns are, which ride, and how I'm feeling. That being said, I will not wait in a line longer than 20-30 minutes anymore. One summer I was part human and part cattle as I stood in a very, very long line for Peter Pan. Never again. Now keep in mind, I tend to go during the busiest times of the years, so it makes it difficult.

I definitely use fast pass for Big Thunder Mountain.

13. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

What is better than FastPass? I guess only multiple fast passes. We once ran to get a fast pass on Space Mountain and when we got there a CM was working on the pass machine. He called me over and gave me a stack of them for about the same time. We had like a dozen for DW, DD and myself. We got off and rode is a few times in a row and were able to give a few to two families who were so sad to find the wait too long and without a FP...They were so happy. I guess I knew what the CM felt giving them away.:yes:

14. diane2012

diane2012 Earning my ears

I agree.

15. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

We always use FastPass for Soarin' and Toy Story Mania. Other than that we use it sparingly.