1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Do you think the Fantasmic Dinner package is worth it?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Mari, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

and does it cost more than a regular ADR?

2. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

We have done the Fantasmic Package a few times, the reserved seating is all the way to the right when facing the "stage". If that doesn't bother you then it is definitely worth it. We have waited over an hour and a half on line in the August heat waiting to see the Show when we didn't do the package. Great show that shouldn't be missed. FYI even if you do the package make sure you get their a little early. One year we showed up at exact time the pass said and we were turned away because they were over capacity. Needless to say I was peed off and went and complained to guest relations .I was given a pass to use at a later date, fortunately we had another day planned for HS on that same vacation.

3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We've never done Fantasmic without the dinner package. Like Butterhead says, it beats having to stand there in the heat. I don't remember having to pay extra for my meal but may have. I don't really pay much attention to that sort of thing. The biggest drawback is that the ADRs are normally a bit earlier than we care to eat our dinner.

4. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

I have done it once and wouldnt do it again. We always go at the height of summer so I understand what you are saying about the hour wait. It might be particularly difficult for those with small children. However I did not like the seats one little bit. They were far too far away from the centre of the auditorium for us, although I know some dont mind them and dont find them a problem.
    I think I might have been lucky with my two as I first took them when they were quite young and they didnt mind the wait. In 'those' days as well, there was pre show entertainment. Frankly though, it isnt for us. Im not going to take the risk of it being rained off, so I just take my chances and leave several nights open to go to Fantasmic.

Mags

5. Mari

on our last trip we had to stand in line for over an hour, it was pretty packed! We had 4 kids in strollers, and even though we waited for the second show, the line went all the way down the street to where it intersect the other street.

I dont mind where we sit, We have sat all the way to the side, all the way front, center right, right in the middle, etc... I think you get a good view no matter where you sit... but its really good to know you dont have to stand in line for over an hour!

6. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

The fantasmic dining package uses 2 credits on the DDP. I've done it a few times. It is definitely worth it if you are going at a busy time

7. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

2 Credits for Mama Melrose and Hollywood & Vine? I can understand that at Brown Derby but at the first two that is preposterous.

8. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

My mistake!! I meant to type that just Brown Derby is 2 credits. The other two are 1 credit.

My apologies :-(

9. Mari

Thats ok Johnie! :)

Its really good to know its still 1 credit for the Fantasmic package, so its the same thing as going for a regular meal?