1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

does anyone take their own movies on the plane?

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by disneymom, Oct 10, 2008.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Do you just watch whats on the plane or do you use those little dvd players you can buy? Im in two minds whether to buy a couple

2. BevW

BevW Addicted to Mickey

I have the little DVD players, but they don't run on batteries so I don't take them...I just purchase the movie on the plane that way I don't have to worry about bundling up anymore stuff than I have to.

3. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

On Southwest the entertainment consists of Spirit magazine (in-flight publication) and SkyMall catalog. You're on your own after that! Many people do bring the portable DVD players (check the battery life--some don't even make it through a movie!) or use their laptops to play DVDs/CDs. Our flight is only five hours, so we just relax, read or play cards, turbulance permitting. Lexie (age 9) took a notebook with paper and coloured pencils, as well as a book last year. I also had a bag of things for her, including Word Search puzzles, a very small stuffed animal and some other stuff. Troy (14 weeks) slept, ate and flirted with the flight attendants! :lol:

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We take our ipods with us and have over 100 films to choose from between us ....just in case the inflight screens aren't working or we are delayed :lol:

5. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Issy!! That's a LOT of movies!!! Andrew downloaded "Into The Wild" before our flight this last trip, he watched it while we waited to board the plane.

We fly Jet Blue as often as we can, they have personal screens in the backs of each seat with satellite television, or if you prefer, pay per view movies...typically we watch tv shows, but this trip I was knee deep in a novel that I was desperate to finish before landing :D

We used to bring the portable dvd player, but the battery has stopped holding a charge...

6. BevW

BevW Addicted to Mickey

Ooooh I've got to get more Gigs! :lol:

7. kazzaqld

kazzaqld Addicted to Mickey

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    We had in-seat entertainment on the Japan Airlines flights but not on the Northwest ones. On the Northwest ones where there were inflight movies we were either too far back from the screen to really enjoy or on the last one the screens were just not working at all.

So I was glad we had brought some of our own DVDs to watch on my laptop!

If both my batteries had been working we would have had about 6 hours of movie time - unfortunately one doesn't seem to hold a charge any more - a fact we only discovered on the first NW flight! :(

Oh well we managed! :yes: