1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Does anyone use those UK immigration automated lanes?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by keith, Jun 25, 2013.

1. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Just wondering if anyone uses the immigration lanes where you have to have a new style passport with a chip in? I sometimes look longingly at the small lines at manchester airport for those lanes but then a lot of people do seem to struggle with them as well.

Our passports run out next may, we have a trip in december and I'm pondering if we should apply for new ones early or not
  2. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

We used it at Gatwick and it does seem to be quicker. Lots of people seems to struggle. I think this is because people are not reading instructions correctly or simply jet lagged.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

The epassport lanes do seem faster, if the people in front of you know what they are doing and then you get held up whilst they are sorted out.

Remember you will be one of the first off the plane in December so there shouldn't be huge crowds in front of you, unless of course, another flight lands at the same time. If it was me, I'd wait until the passport is due to expire before I renewed it.
  4. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

What do you have to do differently, mine has a chip now so not used those lanes yet.