1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Domestic Flight from MCO

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by rthorpey, Aug 6, 2011.

1. rthorpey

rthorpey Earning my ears

I'm flying out to Chicago from MCO during my holiday in Orlando for a day to watch a sports event & I'm looking to hear from anyone who has taken a U.S. domestic flight whilst on holiday in the U.S. & the general experience including parking the hire car at the airport & then collecting it again on return.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Domestic flights will still include a thorough security screening, so be prepared for that. There are very rigid rules, so check to be sure you are up to date with those. For example, you can only carry on liquids, and gels of under 3.2 ounces, and all must fit in a quart zip lock plastic bag. Do not bring full size lotions, shampoo, conditioner, anything like that or you will have it confiscated.

Depending upon your carrier, do not be surprised if you experience a delay or a gate change. That is very, very common especially the gate changes. Can be a big surprise if you aren't alert to them.

Parking your hire car at MCO will not be a problem. Park in the garage if you want to pay full rate (quite expensive) or park in the uncovered parking for a lesser rate. Or, you can do one of those park and fly shuttles where you park (for a much lesser fee) off the MCO property and take a shuttle to the airport (and back when you return). Picking up the car won't be difficult as you'll simply go to wherever you chose to park.

Chicago is a huge city (you are flying into O'Hare?) and hopefully you will be taking a taxi or shuttle to your event destination?

If you have specific questions we can provide more info to you. :yes:

Welcome to Disney Secrets by the way!