1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

downtown disney recommendations?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by jojo, Aug 25, 2012.

1. jojo

jojo Imagineer

Hi, just wondered what are peoples favorite restaurants in Downtown Disney were. We have never eaten there and are looking to go this year but not really sure where to go.
  2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

I've not actually eaten in a restaurant in DTD but do enjoy earl of sandwich and wolfgang puck cafe ( the one by the christmas store), these are bothe counter service places
  3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Well I enjoy Planet Hollywood sometimes. Sure it's not going to win any culinary awards any time soon but I enjoy the atmosphere and looking at the movie props. Sometimes late on, they have a DJ and some music which mixed with some cocktails is as close to party time as DTD gets these days.

House of blues is nice but I struggle to find something I REALLY like on the menu. Nevertheless, it's good.
  4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Although we haven't eaten there in a while we've always liked Portobello Yacht Club. Raglan Road is great and the Sunday Gospel Brunch at House of Blues is fabulous.
  5. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

We'd agree with Raglan Road. Great place and we really enjoyed the food. :thumbsup:

We've also eaten at Bongo's Cuban Cafe but to be honest, I just couldn't find anything that blew me away there. And I do like Cuban food for the most part.

Tom :)macwave:... but that's about it...)
  6. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Weve done Cap'n Jack's and Raglan Road. Really enjoyed them both

Cap'n Jack's was calmer, and has a wonderful view of the rest of DTD

Raglan Road has the feel of a pub, its noisier, but the food is great and the entertainment kept our girls happy :)
  7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Just stopped by Raglan Road yesterday for a snack. Had the pate and scallops forest. The pate has changed (in a much smaller container now, and more chicken liver flavor than duck) but the scallops were nice. The Guinness was good too!

We do like Cooke's of Dublin for those rare times when we want nicely fried fish and chips. They've really expanded their menu. We prefer the fish and chips there over the ones served inside.

We also like the cubano (media noche) and papas rellenas at Bongo's. That's all we care for there though.

Not huge fans of dining at DTD overall. Things have changed up far too much.
  8. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    RAGLAN ROAD IS MY FAVOURITE ALSO LIKE PARADISO 37 NOT A FAN OF PLANET HOLLWOOD
  9. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

I think House of blues' food quality has gone down a bit. I remember struggling to pick which food I wanted to eat as too many lovely choices. However, few years ago and now it a case of finding which food I like
  10. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

House of Blues is fun to visit, but I can honestly say I'll never eat there again. They were fabulous when they first opened. Now? I could not even eat the food the last time we were there. To call it disgusting is fairly complimentary. Really, really disappointed. :(
  11. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Love Raglan Road! For a quick meal though we always go to Wolfgang Puck Express or Earl of Sandwich :yes:
  12. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We like Bongos restaurant. Enjoyed our meal as usual there just last week. It was all very tasty

I enjoyed the Croquetas de Jamon - Minced ham rolls lightly breaded and fried, served with a side of our own Bongo's original sauce
    Followed by Sweet & Sour Chicken - Boneless chicken breast chunks deep fried and served with a sweet and sour sauce on the side, fried rice and sweet plantains (replaced the rice with fries)

DH chose the starter I normally have of Masitas de Puerco - Fried pork cubes marinated with garlic sauce served with grilled onions
    Followed by Arroz Frito a la Bongo - Bongos special fried rice with shrimp, beef, chicken and vegetables.