1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

downtown disney virgin checkin

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by Disfan, May 23, 2009.

1. Disfan

Disfan Forum Sponsor

hi is the downtown disney virgin checkin still working even though the virgin store has closed and is it worth the money to do it? thanks

2. Macl1uk

Macl1uk Earning my ears

Downtown Disney Virgin Check in

Virgin check in at Downtown Disney has as far as I am aware for at least the last 5 years been outside Cirque Du Soleil. If you are on a Virgin Holiday rather than just flying with Virgin Atlantic, it is free (you are given a voucher with the holiday details), if just flying with Virgin Atlantic it is USD10 per person.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Yes I think it is well worth it as you get rid of your cases early in the day, leaving you with just your hand luggage. The next time you see your cases is at the destination airport. You also get your boarding pass at the same time as getting rid of your cases. Virgin check in is open from 8am.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    We flew back just after Easter, arrived at the airport at 5.15pm, returned the hire car and was airside by 6pm (for an 8pm flight), having checked in at Downtown Disney.<o:p></o:p>

:wave:

3. luvthemansion

luvthemansion Imagineer

thanks disfan for asking and mac for answering :lol: thats really good information

does disney magical express pick up there or would you need to get back to your resort?

4. Macl1uk

Macl1uk Earning my ears

Downtown Disney Virgin Check in

I have never used Disney Magical Express, however I have never seen Disney Magical Express at Downtown Disney only at the resorts. Another thought is if flying with Virgin, all flights are late afternoon or evening, whereas the check in closes I believe at 1pm, so one would be hanging arround for hours at Downtown Disney.

If you are interested I have my notes on Disney for first timers, send me a personal message of your email address and I will send them as an attachment.

:wave: