1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Downtown Disney's New Additions

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

disney-springs.jpg

Downtown Disney is slowly transforming into Disney Springs and the most visible addition so far is a new pedestrian walkway that connects the West Side and Pleasure Island. This temporary addition will help with guest traffic flow and should make it easier to move from one district to the other. The beautiful boardwalk meanders along Village Lake, offering guests a spectacular waterfront view.

Last week, the bridge officially opened. And what perfect timing, because there is so much going on right now! Below, a quick snapshot of the latest:

Fit2Run, the Runners Superstore, opened earlier this month. The store features Premier footwear, apparel, GPS, performance sunglasses and more. It may be a coincidence that this location opened just in time for holiday shopping, but the athletes on your gift list will appreciate it.

fit-to-run-downtown-disney.jpg

The first of four themed Food Trucks made its debut during Festival of the Masters. Featuring a variety of delectable meatballs, the Superstar Catering Truck was a hit with guests. Additional trucks will continue to roll in over the next several weeks. (I’ve had the chance to sample many of the menu items and I can tell you this … you won’t be disappointed!)

Valet Parking is available on the West Side through January 1, 2014; starting at 4 p.m. daily, the $15 service offers guests another parking option.

valet-parking-at-downtone-disny.jpg

Festival of the Seasons is happening now, with Santa Claus making appearances daily through Christmas Eve. (5 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. until November 21; 12 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. from November 22 – December 24, 2013).

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Yes, the valet parking is the furthest parking lot in the back. I found that out the hard way when I went down for the Art Show a bit ago. I headed right back there as we always do and Valet parking was all over the place. I did end up parking back there, but I think I parked in the dealer section. :unsure: I didn't get a ticket though, so consider myself lucky.

3. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

You know, I just don't see the idea of branded stores fitting in at Downtown Disney.

I can't see what's special about merchandise you can buy anywhere being sold at a premium because it's on Disney property.

*Bambi-Belle* likes this.
  4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Same here. I remember (oh geez... here we go again) the old " Disney Village." It was a really neat little place that had unique shops, all centered on some aspect of Disney. Then they started leasing the stores to the franchises and you see the result.

The point of Disney was to be able to find things you couldn't get elsewhere, wasn't it? Unique things. Things that could only be bought in MK, or the resort in which you were staying, or that particular little shop at the Village... now? Meh. All carbon copy, made in China merchandise. :(

Tony G likes this.
  5. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

Totally - it's what happens when you leave the accountants in charge.

6. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

It used to be a great place to get away from the crowds. That is certainly no longer the case.

7. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

it will certainly be different... I for one applaud the having a sports store, it was impossible to find anything but crocs and Mickey sandals back in August.