1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Dream Come True, Pre Trip report 2

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Mari, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

So.. who's going??

EVERYONE!!!!!!!

And we are a LARGE family!

It will be, staying at the Yacht Club, from August 8th till August 12th, although everyone is arriving on different flights, and some even on different dates!

Mom and Dad
    Mari, Toño, Tatiana(5) and Natalia (3)
    Linda, Saulo and Rebecca (9 months)
    Carlos, Marianna and Lucia (11 months)

Staying at the Beach Club
    Rodolfo, Fer and Carolina (18months)

What we're doing:
    [h=4]jueves, agosto 8, 2013[/h]
    • Disney's Yacht Club Resort – Check In
    • Cape May Cafe Dinner– 7:10 p.m.

[h=4]viernes, agosto 9, 2013[/h]
    • Princess Storybook Dining Lunch– 2:45 p.m.
    • Yachtsman Steakhouse Dinner– 7:05 p.m.

[h=4]sábado, agosto 10, 2013[/h]
    • A Buffet with Character Lunch– 11:55 a.m.
    • Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner– 5:05 p.m.

[h=4]domingo, agosto 11, 2013[/h]
    • Beach Club Breakfast Buffet at Cape May Cafe– 10:05 a.m.
    • Tusker House Lunch Eff. 12/4/11– 2:05 p.m.

[h=4]lunes, agosto 12, 2013[/h]
    • Disney's Yacht Club Resort – Check Out
    • Captain's Grille Breakfast– 10:30 a.m.

2. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

What a wonderful, whirlwind trip, Mari!!! Omg, I can't even stand it I'm so excited for you!

3. Tishypops

Tishypops Addicted to Mickey

Sounds like an amazing trip and with the whole family together just perfect. I keep trying to convince my DB to come on a trip with us but it never happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

You are going to have such a lovely time! I'll be interested in hearing how you like the Yacht Club. :yes:

5. Mari

Ok, a little more info, I just had to leave yesterday and didn't want to leave you all hanging, so thats why I wrote a quick post...

So, August 8th, almost everyone will arrive on that day (except for my dad, Toño, and my brother Carlos who will be in NY). My brother from Brazil is also checking in on that day (although they are booked at the Beach Club)

Hopefully immigration and customs wont be eternal and we will be able to spend some relazing time in the pool and finally watch all 5 girls having fun together!!! Afterwards its dinner,

• Cape May Cafe Dinner– 7:10 p.m.
    Later on, we would like to watch Illuminations, maybe walk around the Boardwalk?? Ive never stayed in that area, so Im clueless... is it possible to watch Illuminations from the BC/YC? Would the Boardwalk be open around 9-10pm? Is it family friendly for a 5 and 3 year old?

On Friday we will spend the morning at the pool waiting for my dad who took the longest connecting flight ever to spend the night on the plane so he wouldnt miss work on Thursday but would be there Friday morning. We will try to have the girls ready by the time he gets there so we can walk to Epcot. I dont really have a plan hahahahaha, I know it will be hot and crowded and we will be 16 people walking with a 5yo, 3yo, 18mo, 11mo and 9mo .... so Im just going to go with the flow!!! Hopefully we will make our way towards The Living Seas and the imagination pavillion which is what I think is most suitable for the girls, but who knows!!!

We will have lunch at Akershus
    Saturday, we will eventually make our way to MK, will spend the day there, again, no attack plan hahahaha which is totally unlike me since Ive travelled with the girls, but I dont want to be pushy or to expect 17 people to follow me around. I do think we will spend a good deal of the day in Fantasyland, and will try to ride The Jungle Cruise since it will be closed on our next visit, but apart from that, Im just so happy we are all going, I dont really care what we do!!

We will have a "brunch" at:

• A Buffet with Character Lunch– 11:55 a.m.
    And will celebrate my niece's Lucia's first birthday which is on August 24th

Afterwards we will stay in the park, hopefully the crowds will be maneagable, if not thewn we will just go to GF and spend the afternnon in the lobby listening to the piano... thats my plan B :yes:

We will have a super late lunch at 1900 Park Fare. We decided on doing somehting outside MK because we still dont know how the babies will manage crowds.

• Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner– 5:05 p.m.
    Also, on this dinner, our friends from our last trip (Omar and family) will be there, they are arriving on that day and heading straight to GF to have dinner with us! :)
    From there, we are expecting everyone with babies to go back to the resort for the night, while my family and Omar's and my mom will head back to the park to watch the Electrical Parade (my mom's favorite) and watch Wishes (which she has never watched, but she remembers the MK fireworks as being the highlight of past trips)

We will all have breakfast together

• Beach Club Breakfast Buffet at Cape May Cafe– 10:05 a.m.
    We've never done this character meal and I heard wonderful things about it, so Im really looking forward to it, and I think it will be really fun for the girls. Afterwards, my dad and brother Carlos will be heading to the airport, and the rest of us will be heading to AK

My sister loves Its tough to be a bug, and we all like the Lion King festival, so we will do those two, and the safari.... apart from those, Im really not sure, I usually find myself at a loss on what to do at AK.
    We will do lunch at

• Tusker House Lunch Eff. 12/4/11– 2:05 p.m.
    and hopefully leave on time to watch the parade.
    The park closes at 6, but we will probably leave before that and head back to the YC, maybe a last swim, and Im keeping my fingers crossed for dinner at Beaches N Cream, but I still dont know until the day comes, it ifs too crowded it will be impossible because we are such a large group and little ones get hungry and MUST eat immediatly hahahahaha

Monday, :( Time to come home. We will have one last breakfast at:
    • Captain's Grille Breakfast– 10:30 a.m.
    We decided on this place just to try out somewhere different.
    After breakfast, we will all leave, at different times on different flights etc.... If there is enough time, maybe one last swim, but I doubt it...

So.. thats it!!

Thats the plan so far!

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

The boardwalk area is family friendly. :yes: i've not been there during the evening in some time, but there used to be little live acts along the boardwalk. Some were music, some were "magic acts" some were juggling, that sort of thing. Kind of "hokey" but simple, and good fun.

You can see some of Illuminations from the boardwalk, but not much. That is a low display of fireworks for the most part, and of course you can't see the earth and all that part at all.

The boardwalk comes alive about 7:00 pm.

I so hope you enjoy the Cape May Cafe breakfast! We had a wonderful time there this year with a large family group. The character interaction was wonderful, and the buffet itself is really nice (and very well kept).

If you've never taken the girls to Conservation Station in AK, then I'd suggest you do that. They have a little petting area there, and a very nice building (that is air conditioned :D ) where character meetings take place. Rafiki is most often there. Also, there is a viewing area for animal husbandry and veterinary work. Sometimes you'll be able to see the team working on an animal. When we were last there we watched an intake assessment being done on a female gorilla who had just arrived from the San Diego Zoo (to now live in AK). They called it a Quarantine Assessment. The gorilla was under sedation, and it was quite interesting!

We really enjoy the Pagani Forest trail and the Maharaja Jungle Trek. But to be fair, those are best done in the morning. :yes:

There is the boneyard play area in Dinoland, but to be honest I don't much care for it. It's so large, that it's nearly impossible to keep your eyes on your child/children at all times. That makes me nervous in a crowd, so I try to avoid that area if possible.

I'm so happy for you that you are getting to go with your family!!

7. Mari

thank you so much Tink!! :)

Its great to know there's someplace to go and have some fun, even when the little ones are already in bed