1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Question driving from MCO to Davenport

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by keith, Oct 4, 2013.

1. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I've asked everyone I know this question so many times :lol: but still I think I'm getting it wrong :(

Basically every time we come out of the airport, we seem to end up going a different way :/ I THINK this is because of a certain junction with tons of lanes going off everywhere just at the outside of the airport and depending which one we choose we end up going different ways.

So far we've had ALMOST straight to i4west and perfect (wish we could find this route every time). I believe its 528 to i4 done. Question is, how we keep MISSING this :/

We've done a road FULL of tolls, every couple of miles it felt like there was another toll.... ended up meeting the i4 a long way down (thankfully in the right direction) but didnt like all the tolls.

We've spent 2 hours just getting lost. I THINK that one was us stupidly going e instead of w but Im not sure

but I know we've never done the same route twice :lol: coming BACK to the airport, we're fine every time so I'm pretty convinced it's some silly junction or mistake coming out of the airport.

Helppppppppppppppppppppppppp

2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Although I have driven this route oodles of times Keith and can almost do it blinfolded by now, I too "missed" the exit onto I-4 when we went over with some friends just after we bought our villa and we were so engrossed in chatting to them after leaving the airport that we ended up coming off at an exit that was totally alien to me !!!

All I can say to you is that as you leave the airport parking area and you join the main road, just follow the signs to the 528 Westbound. If I recall, this is the first exit, only a short distance from the airport. [Exit 1B]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  3. Slowhand

4. keith

Thanks Sir Slowhand :) why this one KEEPS getting me I just don't know... mental block or something. It could be that I'm still fiddling with the sat nav by the point the turn comes up and so I miss it :/

5. keith

How do I know if I'm leaving via the north or south exit :/ perhaps that's where I'm going wrong?

6. Slowhand

If you check out the directions on the link I posted Keith then all will be revealed. :lol:
    You have the option to take either the North or South exits following the overhead signs.
    The South exit takes you to the 417 and the North exit is the one that you want, to the 528.

keith likes this.
  7. keith

brilliant thanks :D theyre really good directions :yes:

8. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Does this help Keith?

[​IMG]

Tom ( :macwave:... left turn Clyde!)

9. keith

Thanks Tom!

Looking at the detailed turn by turn Terry found, it looks like I'm probably going wrong before getting to the north exit... I think it's that place where I should dive across two lanes to go under the right sign. I think I'll have a better idea next time

10. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Yep, that's the place. To the right, to the right! It's not a natural context for us. :D

11. keith

I feel really stupid even posting. Wendy has given me turn by turn instructions before but every time I get it wrong. I think I count 2 tolls on the 528->i4 route so I'll be prepared for that and I'll remember NORTH exit, look for 528w then I4w

Of course last time wasn't helped by a certain DW who thought she'd broken the car and pulled over to the side and tried to insist I called dollar. I finally got in to try and and found she'd knocked auto into Manual and had been driving very noisely in 1st.

12. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

You'll still go the wrong way :taunt:

13. keith

I know, I know :lol: sigh I just have to keep thinking, NORTH exit, 528w, i4w rather than my usual OOO is that a sign, over there, south LOL

14. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Don't feel bad Keith! The boy's Da gets lost every time he goes to the airport. Gets there pretty much ok, but ends up in Timbucktoo coming out.

15. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

I always route our guests to take the 417 south and come through Champions Gate, it's a nice easy route and everyone gets there quite easily. The tolls for the route total $3.00

When we do it we come off at Celebration and go down the 192 to the 27 as we know the route well (this is $3.75 in tolls and Celebration isn't manned so you need 75 cents in change)

Sandra

16. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

We always use the 417 we find it is a lot less congested and quicker than getting held up in all the traffic on the I4 if it's a later flight.

17. keith

yeah looking on the map, thats the way we ended up going last time... so thats south exit , 417w to i4w and a few tolls (cant remember how many) ended up on i4w very close to the right junction

I can't say we've ever had really bad i4 problems which is probably why we don't mind it. I suspect if we have a bad time on it we'll be back asking for more detail on the 417 way :lol: but same thing applies really, it's just getting out the airport

18. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

I've always preferred the North exit - I don't know why, but it doesn't feel like a proper trip until I've seen the attraction billboards and the old lighted sign for International Drive.

The South exit is definitely quieter, but it's a little too serene for my taste.

keith likes this.