1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Driving in Orlando?

Discussion in 'General' started by chipndale, Jul 29, 2008.

1. chipndale

chipndale Imagineer

We've hired a car, first time ever. Wife would like to know if the roads are very busy because if so she wont drive. Whats the signing like?

2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

It is a large city and the traffic is very busy. On Disney property, the signs are super easy to follow. Outside of Disney, I think things are well marked and easy to read.

3. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

i find it easier to drive in the US than in the UK it does tend to be quieter, of course in rush hour Orlando can get hectic but not as bad as in the Uk imo. Make sure you have a map and know where you're going - it will make it a lot easier. It is a good idea to familiarise yourself with the local driving laws before you go.

4. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

i love driving in florida, its so much easier, not ever seen any road rage, you can under as well as overtake, other drivers are MUCH more curteous than here and i love the turn right on a red light law, saves so much time waiting :)