1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Disney & Orlando Secrets Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community...
    It's easy, fast, totally free (and always will be) and you'll be able to start chatting immediately :)

dubai?

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by pigletpete, Apr 27, 2011.

1. pigletpete

pigletpete Imagineer

Has anyone been to dubai? Im hearing mixed reviews.. some people love it others felt really threatened and uneasy there

2. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

I haven't but know people who have, it's apparently very expensive.

3. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

I'd leave it for now. Why take the risk.

4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

We went to Dubai for 5 days a few years ago and we had a ball.
    I would certainly have no hesitation in going back there, and hopefully now a lot of the construction work has been completed.
    Remember though it is a Muslim country so as long as you don`t do anything to upset the status quo then there`s no need to feel intimidated at all.

Generally it`s a shoppers paradise although alcohol is very expensive.

5. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

Hi
    We went last year for a few nights for our honeymoon.
    Whatever you do don't go in august/September it is unbearably hot there and the only reason we wanted to come home was because of that.
    All in all had a good time but we stayed at our hotel most the time. We went out on a bus tour one morning and went on a desert safari one evening but apart from that stayed put.
    We stayed at The Atlantis so there was no real need to leave the resort.
    Hope this helps :)
    Sue x

6. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

It's somewhere I've always really wanted to go. The type of place I wouldn't stay in the hotel grounds for the duration, although I hear the travel companies are pretty much against you leaving the hotels because of the apparently volatile nature of the country.

The laws there are pretty strict and from what I understand outside of hotels it is a 'dry' country?

7. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

I'm not entirely sure but I think you can't hold hands or kiss in public. You'd have to make sure you know all the rules before you go.

8. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

The company our hotel was booked through gave us a whole list of do's and donts. If the holiday company is taking bookings in such a place they should be able to tell you the do's and donts.
    It is a lovely place to visit and like slowhand said it is a shoppers paradise. I would have explored more but my husband was a lot more reluctant to.
    If it's the type of place you would want to explore the only bit of advice I will give you is just make sure you know the rules before you go.