1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

DVC point to rent?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Ilovesnowwhitej, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Ilovesnowwhitej

Ilovesnowwhitej Earning my ears

Hi guys

Does anyone have any point i can rent? -i am looking to stay at Broad Walk on the 4 Sept 09 for 4 nights i need 2 rooms as there is 6 adults going.

Please pm me if you can help.

Thanks

Jeanette
    xx

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Hello Jeanette. I've not ever rented points, and don't have any to rent, just wanted to caution you on renting them overall. I've heard some pretty sad stories about how people who wanted to rent paid for the points and then never got what they paid for.

I don't pretend to know all the ins and outs, just want you to be safe, ok? :hug1:

3. Mark_W

Mark_W Earning my ears

What is a rented point?

4. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

basically someone who is unable to use their DVC points will offer them up for rent to other people because if they don't the points expire.

5. Ilovesnowwhitej

Ilovesnowwhitej Earning my ears

Thanks for the warniing hun, i have decided not to go dwon this route and have been in touch with val, hopefully she will help me.

xx

6. Tink

Oh, I'm sure Val will be a great help!!

7. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Also, good luck getting into BWV. Hard, hard place to get or at least in my attempts it has been. Of course, my attempts have never really been as far out as they should be. But it is a popular place.

8. Tink

Really? See now, we never have a problem with that place. Must be because we don't like it! :lol: Seems like any time we call for a villa (short notice in particular) there is something available at BWV.

We like BCV, and that one can be hard to get, at least in our experience.

One time I called on a lark to see if I could get anything THAT WEEK. I got BWV. I called back before we got there and asked if we could change the reservation around (still staying at BWV but for longer period) and was able to do it!

I've always had the impression that it's the place where people stay when they can't get any place other place. :shrug: :unsure: :sorry:

9. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

That's really odd! We joined DVC in '02 & i've been trying to stay at BWV since & can never get in! I do know BCV (which thank god is myhome resort) is also hard to get into but because I can book further out I've not had any problems. What size room do you usually get? maybe it's the 1BR's that book up faster than studios or 2BR's.

10. Tink

We get the one bedroom. :D Seriously, rarely have a problem. Most recently we stayed at BWV in September for the first weekend of the FWF. We had Seth and his Da and the Girlfriend with us. We called like maybe two weeks out?

We really wanted BCV but they only had BWV and two studios open at OKW. We almost went with OKW but they couldn't guarantee that the studios would be near each other, so we took the one bedroom at BWV.

Too weird, huh?

11. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Yeah, that's really wild. ONly once did I come close to getting in & that was in '07 when I had to reschedule our ressies due to the fire & the guy said they had it at BWV & in the time it took me to check with david & the girls to see if switching there would be ok it was gone. And then I was ready to kick myself for even taking the time to check with them! I'm planning on whenever we go again to try again. No one in the family except me even wants to stay there. David, for some reason, thinks the people there are really snobbish. I think he had some bad experience when we were pool hopping once or something, idk.

12. Tink

The CMs there aren't that friendly, but I'd not say they were snobs. Unless he's referring to the guests. :D :lol: We had a problem with the gate guard in September. Nothing major, but certainly not the type of interaction you expect at WDW.

We've found BWV to be dirty from time to time, noisy (once we stayed over the boardwalk and it was dreadful. Seth was two then and we couldn't get that child to sleep for all the noise. :sigh: ) and the staff there are not really too willing to go out of their way for you. Although they no longer do it, they used to start calling you around 6:30 am the morning of your check out to see when you were going to check out. :( When you told them not until 11, they'd call every half hour to see if you had gone yet!! Beyond annoying. :nono:

We don't have warm fuzzies for the place, but will take it as a last resort and all too often it seems it is. We really dislike the clown pool. Too much like IT for us. :spring:

I feel like I'm trashing the place now and I don't mean to, it's just that we love OKW and BCV so much better! :yes: WLV are wicked nice too. :yes:

13. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

As much as i love the WL we have yet to stay in the villas! BCV, well, they are the whole reason we bought into DVC. And it's guests that he thinks are snobby. Of course I think you can find that at any resort.
    I hadn't considered the noise factor! This may make me think twice because I can't stand any noise when I'm trying to sleep & if it's music, you cannot block it out (i had to deal with this one night at SSR due to DTD noise).

14. Tink

Be very specific when you check into the BWV then. You do NOT want a villa overlooking the boardwalk. We had one once that was overlooking the canal area and that was quiet with respect to no "thumpa thumpa" of dance hall or Jellyrolls music, and no overflow noise from people on the boardwalk.

The walls seem fairly thin too...:unsure:

15. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

That`s the main reason why we`ve been nervous about staying there Tink, much as we like adding to the noise! :lol:
    It`s good to hear that there are some quiet locations at BWV though. :thumbsup:

16. Tink

:yes: You need to be quite specific though. :yes:

Ultimately, the BWI/V had so many construction issues, it resulted in a poorly built place. There have been numerous "fix it up" refurbishments done, but Disney got taken to the cleaners on that one. The paint faded the first year! :eek:

The carpets are threadbare and faded, the rooms are shabby (not the decor, the actual construction aspects of the rooms).

It was a nice idea that poorly executed, ended up being a not so nice reality. :sorry:

17. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Somehow that was how I expected our Home Resort [OKW] to be what with it being the first DVC resort and all.
    However I`ve never had cause for complaint whenever we`ve stayed there. [touch wood :LOL:]

18. Tink

I think it's because OKW was built so sturdily and with high quality materials. It was built to last and it has. Plus, they've refurbished many of the buildings too. :yes:

There are isolated villas that show wear and shabbiness though. We had one once and ended up taking photos and sending them into DVC. Not sure if that helped, but since we pay dues there we thought some should be spent on that specific villa! :lol:

19. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

i've never actually gone in a room at BWV but love the decor of the lobby & all the other areas. I just figured I'd love the room as well. Hate to hear the thin wall thing because when I want to go to sleep I want everyone else to be quiet, lol. I never understood the BW view rooms costing more points because to me it was always a turn off due to the noise factor.

20. Tink

The villas are cute enough inside, just smallish, but then anything compared to OKW is a bit small. :yes:

The decor is a bit eclectic with flowers, plaids and stripes. :unsure: :lol:

It's rather like having a little apartment in the city versus a condo on the beach. :D