1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

DVC question

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Britchick, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

if you buy say 100 points at say the Grand Floridian but then buy some more at another resort such as OKW are you still able to book at 11 months (is that the right time?) for the Grand Floridian if it goes over your 100 points for the stay?

2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

As far as I know the early reservation window only applies to your home resort, but this actually is a good question.
    It`s one to put directly to DVC I guess.

Britchick likes this.
  3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Not a DVC owner so I have no evidence, but I believe the answer is that at 11months, you can only use home resort points to book. So you could use your 100points to book but not your OKW points.

Apparently there's a quite a smash at 7mths out when any points are good for the stay with people trying to add days to their home stay using non-home points etc.

4. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Thanks both, I kind of thought that it may be that you can only use your points. I really really really want to stay at GFV

Another question....if we couldn't go anymore could we gift our membership to someone else?