1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Disney & Orlando Secrets Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community...
    It's easy, fast, totally free (and always will be) and you'll be able to start chatting immediately :)

E READERS....ANY SUGGESTIONS

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by BUTTERHEAD1, Mar 22, 2010.

1. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

My son's birthday is this week and he would like an E-Reader. As of now we are leaning towards the Kindle over the Nook and the Sony model however I really dont know much about them. If anyone has an E=Reader and could give me their pros and cons it would be greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I don't have one but can download books on my iPod which I do for traveling (flying, obviously).

I've seen people using them... not convinced I want one yet...

3. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

Maybe it worth looking at Ipad as it is a ereader in some form but with extras that other ereader wont have

4. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I have a Kindle and I love it! Really! It's absolutely fantastic. The books download quickly, you can change the text size, it's super easy to use, the pages turn quickly, and I found many books for super low prices (even free). I can't say enough good things about my Kindle.

5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I second this! The Ipad is going to be really great for this although arguably it would be sensible to wait for a review to see how easy it is on the eyes v the kindle

6. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

Perhaps have a word with your son to see if he'd rather wait for the iPad or have an e-reader now? :unsure:

7. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

I love my son but the first IPAD I pay for will be for myself :yes:. I ordered the Kindle today. Thanks for the input Ducky,it seems that everyone that I spoke with that has the Kindle is very happy with it. As for the IPAD I personally would wait for the 2nd generation so that Apple can work out all the kinks.

8. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I waited for the second generation of the Kindle too, for those reasons. The first is always the guinea pigs. :) It's fabulous, it really is.

Just a note, you will have to make sure that it is set up in his name so that if he orders a book it's not connected to your account. A little tricky if you buy it for a gift.