1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

E READERS....ANY SUGGESTIONS

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by BUTTERHEAD1, Mar 22, 2010.

1. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

My son's birthday is this week and he would like an E-Reader. As of now we are leaning towards the Kindle over the Nook and the Sony model however I really dont know much about them. If anyone has an E=Reader and could give me their pros and cons it would be greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I don't have one but can download books on my iPod which I do for traveling (flying, obviously).

I've seen people using them... not convinced I want one yet...
  3. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

Maybe it worth looking at Ipad as it is a ereader in some form but with extras that other ereader wont have
  4. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I have a Kindle and I love it! Really! It's absolutely fantastic. The books download quickly, you can change the text size, it's super easy to use, the pages turn quickly, and I found many books for super low prices (even free). I can't say enough good things about my Kindle.
  5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I second this! The Ipad is going to be really great for this although arguably it would be sensible to wait for a review to see how easy it is on the eyes v the kindle
  6. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

Perhaps have a word with your son to see if he'd rather wait for the iPad or have an e-reader now? :unsure:
  7. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

I love my son but the first IPAD I pay for will be for myself :yes:. I ordered the Kindle today. Thanks for the input Ducky,it seems that everyone that I spoke with that has the Kindle is very happy with it. As for the IPAD I personally would wait for the 2nd generation so that Apple can work out all the kinks.
  8. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I waited for the second generation of the Kindle too, for those reasons. The first is always the guinea pigs. :) It's fabulous, it really is.

Just a note, you will have to make sure that it is set up in his name so that if he orders a book it's not connected to your account. A little tricky if you buy it for a gift.