1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

eat around the world?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by disnut, Jun 3, 2011.

1. disnut

disnut Imagineer

I've seen people talk about this and some drinking around the world :lol: but is it a recognised thing? are there like maps and menus or something?

2. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

This is a fun thing to do at Epcot. :yes:
    Start one side, we always begin at Mexico, and have a snack at each country as you go 'Around the World'. Another time you could have a drink in each country.

3. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

A.K.A. Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.

But you can certainly do your own at any time. There are just more choices during F&WF.

4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

It can, however be a tad expensive to "eat your way around the World" during the F & WF.
    You could have a snack at each of the booths from the numerous countries that exhibit there which cost several $`ss for little more than a mouthful OR you could save money and book a table at V & A`s for around the same cost! :lol:

5. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

Yes, it would. We always do this at non-event times and if you want to save money just share the snacks. :yes:

6. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

On our first trip to WDW my brother drank his way around the world and possibly tried to eat his way round too.
    :wiggle:

7. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

I've done "drink around the world" a few times with friends but #1 it IS expensive (you can buy a 6-pack in the grocery store for the same price as a beer at Disney) and #2 you can get VERY sick. One time, I think I hurled in every bathroom around the world.

Drinking is always better done in moderation. You want to enjoy and remember the trip, right? And waking up with a hangover in a Value room is never a fun experience. LOL!

Now, my friends & I don't care about the challenge anymore and we rather just drink in the countries that we really enjoy spending time (*ahem* Rose & Crown *ahem*). LOL!

During FAWF, the food & drink samples are small enough in size, you can enjoy quite a few, if you spend from 11am when World Showcase opens til Illuminations begins at 9pm.

I like to print out the menu from the WDW website and circle the items I think I would like to try. If I get to the booth and the item doesn't appear to be what I thought or if it's getting bad reviews, I won't get it and move on.

Also, I think in the past they've also had the prices listed so it's a good way to budget what you'll spend. You can justify choosing a dessert over a soup or a wine over a beer that way. Another good way to budget is to purchase a gift card. Epcot sells gift cards you can load with a set amount of cash and wear around your wrist. When the card's out of money, you stop eating or load more money onto it and keep going.

I've found that people at the FAWF will tell you what they think about what they're eating if you ask. I'm always up for steering someone towards or away from trying an item. If I think it wasn't worth the $, I'll tell you. If I think that it's the best thing I ever tasted, I'll tell you. If it's too spicy, to sweet, too bland, I'll let you know!

The FAWF, I think, should be about socializing and sharing what you think about the food & drink. Why keep it to yourself? Make some friends!