1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Eat to the Beat Concerts

Discussion in 'General' started by Figment, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Figment

Figment Imagineer

Some questions about the Eat to the Beat concerts during the Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT.

Just how do these work? :unsure: Is there a *stadium* or other type of area specifically for this? Where?

I know the concerts are included in the admission...but do you need to request tickets to get in at a specific time, or is it a first come basis?

We've been during the Food and Wine Fest several times, but we've basically ignored it. My two guys were never very interested in the WS half of EPCOT. This year, Jordan is finally showing an interest in spending some time in the countries, so I was doing some F&W research. I discovered DENNIS DE YOUNG :worship:(formerly lead singer of STYX and my long-time crush) is going to be performing the NIGHT WE LEAVE! :hissyfit:

Needless to say, I am :mental:. We are actually considering staying an extra night if i can change our plane ticket/book another flight reasonably. But I don't want to spend what will probably be $300+ if the concert isn't worth it. Granted, it will be another day in Disney :mickeybounce: regardless, but it's the concert I'm interested in.
  2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

The concerts are held in the American pavillion. There is a small theater there. As far as I know it is first come first served.
  3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

The seating is free and is on a first come first seated basis. If all the seats are taken you can still sit on the wall by the fountain or stand at the back and watch and listen. It is really good :yes:
  4. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

There are also three sets per evening (5:15, 6:30 and 7:45....I believe these are the times). This gives you more than one opportunity to get a seat. It seems the later the show the more crowded it gets.
  5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

The later the show and the more popular the group, drives the attendance to a certain degree. Guests will start to line up early, so if you really, really want a seat you are almost stuck having to join the queue. :sigh:

The series is truly very, very popular so be ready for high attendance. :yes: