1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Eat to the Beat Concerts

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by simonwebb74, Jul 8, 2009.

1. simonwebb74

simonwebb74 Earning my ears

Has anyone ever attended one of the Eat to the Beat Concerts at the Epcot Food & Wine Festival?

DW fancies seeing Boyz II Men whilst we are there, just wondering what the concerts are usually like?

Can you just walk up and take a seat (assuming there are seats available)?

Thanks
  2. AKLnut

AKLnut Imagineer

We HAVENT but we may do this year so I'd be interested in info too!
  3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Yep. :yes: Assuming there is a seat available you can just walk up and be seated (or with very popular groups) stand on line until you are allowed into the open air theatre to be seated.

Some of the seats may be reserved, but most are available. Be alert to the placement of the trees. It's quite easy to have your view blocked by a tree, so before selecting your final seat, have a good look toward the stage to be sure your line of vision is not blocked.

It's open air, and as such exposed to birds, sun, and rain. If there is a strong storm the given concert may be canceled. They are short concerts (several per evening) so they are not "delayed" rather canceled with the next on the schedule expected to be performed.

Some performers/groups are more popular than the others so you very well may need to stand on line.

You can also stand at the back of the seating area (outside the ropes) and if you are nearest the ropes, will have a pretty good view of the concert. You'll be able to see the full stage from that vantage point, but will be standing for the entire concert.

We've attended many, some much better than the others. Well worth the effort if the group performing is a favorite. :yes:
  4. simonwebb74

Looks like another change to the Itinery then. Move Epcot day to coincide with the concert!
  5. Tink

They used to run the concerts throughout the festival, but recently seem to be limiting them to certain times of the week. Of course, the performers change throughout the festival. :yes:
  6. simonwebb74

This is the current list of performers and dates

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]September 25-27: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy ("You & Me & The Bottle Makes 3 Tonight (Baby)"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]September 28-29: Richard Marx ("Hold On to the Nights")[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]September 30-October 3: Starship starring Mickey Thomas ("We Built This City")[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]October 4-6: En Vogue ("Free Your Mind")[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]October 7-8: Better Than Ezra ("Good")[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]October 9-11: Sister Hazel ("All for You")[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]October 12-13: Kool & The Gang ("Celebration")[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]October 14-16: Spyro Gyra ("Morning Dance")[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]October 17-18: Jon Secada ("Just Another Day")[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]October 19-20: Sister Sledge ("We Are Family")[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]October 21-22: Vanessa Carlton ("A Thousand Miles")[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]October 23-25: Taylor Dayne ("Tell It to My Heart")[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]October 26-28: Boyz II Men ("Motownphilly")[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]October 29-31: John Waite ("Missing You")[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]November 1-2: Night Ranger ("Sister Christian")[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]November 3-5: Billy Ocean ("Caribbean Queen")[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]November 6-8: Los Lobos ("La Bamba")[/FONT]
  7. AKLnut

AKLnut Imagineer

ooo pretty good lineup!
  8. wdwgrandma

wdwgrandma Addicted to Mickey

Nope. We have never done one of them. We've been there many times when they were going on. We just never got around to seeing anyone perform.
  9. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

We've never actually gone in and sat down, but I'm hoping to this year.

10. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I wanted to see David Cassidy last time but the queue was full of 'ladies of a certain age' by around 2pm :eek: I didn't want to see him that badly :lol:
  11. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

We are going to go to some this trip :)
  12. Tink

Nice to see some new performers this year. It gets old for AP holders to have the same lineup year after year.
  13. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

Cool, we'll be there for Richard Marx and Starship!!!