1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Enchanted Tales With Belle at Magic Kingdom Park - a Peek behind the wall

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Beauty and the Beast” was released in theaters in 1991, and to say that I was obsessed with this movie is putting it mildly. I was 12 years old when it debuted and I must’ve seen the film at least 10 times that summer. In my mind, nothing was better than spending an afternoon wrapped up in this tale of “far-off places, daring swordfights, magic spells, a prince in disguise!” I remember sitting in the theater, dreaming of visiting Belle’s quiet French village, exploring the halls of the Beast’s mysterious castle and whirling across the golden ballroom in a gown of the same color.

Soon fans of all ages will have the opportunity to do just that and take a trip through the world of “Beauty and the Beast” at the Enchanted Tales with Belle storybook adventure, which is currently under construction as part of the Fantasyland expansion at Magic Kingdom Park.

maurices workshop pic.jpg

Walt Disney Imagineering is currently building Maurice’s workshop, which will serve as scene one of the experience. The workshop, which is modeled after a French cottage, will be surrounded by a wishing well, footbridges and lush landscaping. Once inside, guests will step through a magic mirror and find themselves inside Beast’s expansive library, which he created as a gift for Belle in the film. This room will serve as the setting for a memorable character interaction experience with Belle – which will require a little help from Lumiere, the enchanted candlestick.

maurices workshop.jpg

Another “Beauty and the Beast” experience planned for this area is the Be Our Guest Restaurant, which will allow up to 550 guests to dine in the ballroom, gallery and “West Wing” area of Beast’s castle.

These and other Fantasyland enhancements will open in phases starting in late 2012.

2. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Oh that sounds wonderful - will definately love to do that one on our next visit!

*please let us win the lottery, please let us win the lottery*

3. Wendy

:hug2: It sounds as it it will be brilliant when its all finished, it just looks so sad at the moment with all the works going on, but it will be worth it.

I know what you mean about the lottery :sigh: when are you hoping to go again :hug2:

4. Kate

I really dont know! Because i finished work to bring dd up we are now pretty strapped for cash, and when we have been the last 2 times everything else literally gets put on hold as every penny goes towards Florida - im not sure i want to do that anymore at the moment

5. Wendy

:hug2: I know exactly what you mean Kate, I really admire you for being at home with your little one :hug2: :hug2: my Nan always used to say "you cut your cloth accordingly" and I've always done that. We do exactly the same, DH is the only wage earner and we go without, but we are lucky (or unlucky :shrug: ) that there is only the two of us and we can go in term time, so it's a lot cheaper.

You'll go back one day :hug2: never stop believing :hug2:

6. Kate

No doubt that "one day" we will be back there, no doubt at all! And there will be lots of new things there too by the time we do manage to get back there! :lol:

You do cut your cloth accodingly - tis true! :hug2: