1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Enchanted Tiki Room to re-opn this summer

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, May 15, 2011.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Walt Disney announced earlier today at D23’s Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th event that The Enchanted Tiki Room (Under New Management) at Magic Kingdom Park is already undergoing changes behind closed doors that will reshape the attraction into a version reminiscent of the original show.

The Walt Disney World attraction, originally called Tropical Serenade, has been entertaining guests since the theme park’s opening day on Oct. 1, 1971. Tropical Serenade was reshaped into The Enchanted Tiki Room (Under New Management) in 1998, with the addition of Iago (from “Aladdin”) and Zazu (from “The Lion King”).

The attraction was based on Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room, which opened at Disneyland park in 1963. Its debut marked a huge milestone in Disney history, becoming the first attraction to ever feature Audio-Animatronics figures – a breakthrough that took 10 years to develop.

The latest version of the attraction, which will be called Enchanted Tiki Room, will debut at Magic Kingdom Park later this summer. Be sure to check the Disney Parks Blog for future updates on the attraction’s progress.

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

ooo interesting

3. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

YAY! Love going retro!

That place needed a serious upgrade anyway. Did you ever notice how dusty Iago has gotten? I did think the Iago/Zazu story was kind of cute (cheesy and gratuitous advertisement, yes. But cute nonetheless). And I liked the songs. I liked getting up and dancing out the door at the end. I love to lead a conga line!

The automation was also really poor quality. Almost as bad as Country Bear Jamboree. Except CBJ is retro and charming. It's adorable because it's bad.