1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

EPCOT NEW YEAR'S EVE!!!

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Tink, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

You DID??? Wow. I wonder if we walked right by each other!!!

It was a busy night! We were gone long before then. How did it get after the first set of fireworks? Did the crowd thin out at all, or did it actually get bigger (as often happens, families with children leave, and then adults from the other parks start coming in for the midnight show)?

2. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

That is some crowd, DH would not be happy, there is nothing he hates worse than not being able to move, I really think it's from 3 tours in Vietnam, it makes him very uncomfortable,

3. Tink

Oh yeah, that would do it to anyone. :sigh:

Hey, serious for a minute here, thank him for me will you? I mean it. Every time I try to thank a Vietnam Vet in person, I well up and make a fool out of myself, so will you intervene? :hug2:

OK, back to the regular scheduled discussion. :embarassed:

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

I'm wondering if we saw each other too! Although you would probably have recognised me from photos :yes:

I can't say I noticed any difference in crowd levels Tink. After the first set of fireworks we always go the the dance party in Futureworld and are there until the midnight countdown.

5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Wonderful report :yes:

Now tell me, does it FEEL special to be there on NYE? What about MK instead is there anything special there at midnight?

We've always gone earlier in December so we've never been at Disney for new years. The one time we came close, we stayed for Christmas day to be at MK and being truthful, we didn't think it felt christmassy at all. Huge anticlimax really.

So say we were to book over christmas/new year for this coming december, hints, tips advice?

6. Tink

To us, yes. It feels very special. Energy levels are up and there is a sense of anticipation.

As Issy has said, there is more to do than watch the fireworks. :)

We like to be in the UK at "NYE" UK time, but this past year it wasn't so festive, too crowded I think. The CMs tried to do an impromptu countdown, but some rowdy folks took over (and got it wrong) so it was rather anti-climatic. :shrug: No real matter though, fun regardless.

However, NYE to me means crowds, noise, festivity that sort of thing, so if that's not what it means to someone else, then it might not feel like NYE. Does that make any sense? :unsure:

We'd have no interest in the MK, at NYE. :eek: Can't even IMAGINE!!! :mental: :lol:

7. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I'm REALLY tempted to give it a go this year :yes:

Last year's attempt to do halloween and christmas together was "ok" and halloween was certainly worth attending but doing the christmas party so early without all the decorations and so on just didn't work out.

We could go back to the usual first two weeks in december but theyve become much busier the last few years anyway, though of course still much quieter than "proper" christmas week ;)

I suspect if we really experienced christmas/newyear we'd want to go that time every year.

8. Tink

You could do the chaotic week of and the slightly less chaotic week after. :yes: