1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

EPCOT park on New years eve, how busy?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by jojo, Jun 24, 2011.

1. jojo

jojo Imagineer

How busy is EPCOT on new years eve please?

Do we have to arrive early morning or do you think we'd get away with afternoon or evening?
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I've entered EPCOT as late as 5:00 pm on NYE with no problems. It's jammed, don't get me wrong, but it's a huge park and doesn't close as often as the others.

I've only known it to close once on NYE ('96) and we were there. Shoulder to shoulder people! :eek:

It's our favorite place to be, so be sure to give it a try. I'd say, to be wicked safe aim for no later than 3:00 pm...

Have a great time!
  3. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

I agree with Tink - this is the one park that you can leave until a little later to enter without too much risk of it being at full capacity.

We have spent the past 4 NYE's at Epcot and it is fantastic. A lot of fun when the parties start in the evening.
  4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

oh gosh I was thinking I'd need to be there in the morning :lol: so it hasnt closed the last few NYEs?

So aim to get there for 3pmish then?

What kind of time do celebrations start happening?
  5. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

I am so tempted to come to the park now on NYE. I've been to MK on Christmas Day and it was crazy! I never end up having plans otherwise on NYE...count me in! I'm going to Epcot this year! I'll meet y'all at noon at the Rose & Crown!
  6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Keith, the main celebrations begin around 6 pm or so. Usually they start handing out hats and noisemakers. (Then that's ALL you hear!). There will be different entertainments set up in various locations. Some areas will have bands/music, others may have continuous loop films (Japan is known for that) and that sort of thing.

The fireworks will be twice (usually) once before 9:00 pm for families and once at midnight for the revelers. :yes:

Remember, half the fun is being in the "country" that is celebrating New Year on "their time." You get to pack in a mini celebration or two that way. :D
  7. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We tend to spend the day watching the entertainment in each country, followed by our main meal around 5pm.
    We watch the first Illuminations which is usually 7pm, then we go party in Futureworld with DJ Spooner. The party stops for the countdown to NY Illuminations around 11.40pm.
  8. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

yayayay :) I've always wanted to be there for new year. Really looking forward to it!

If I see any of you, I'll be too shy to say hi but I'll text you :rotfl: