1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

EPCOT Test track sponsorship problems?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by eeyoreguy, Jun 29, 2009.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

The Orlando Sentinel reports that three weeks after General Motors Corp. filed for bankruptcy -- and nearly three months after an internal deadline to resolve the issue -- the carmaker's status as sponsor of one of Walt Disney World's marquee attractions remains uncertain.

Executives for GM and Disney have continued to negotiate a possible contract extension to keep the beleaguered Detroit auto giant as sponsor of Epcot's Test Track. But so far nothing has been announced.

Neither side is talking, at least publicly. "We have nothing new to share," Disney spokeswoman Andrea Finger said recently.

A spokeswoman for GM did not return messages seeking comment.
  2. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

with all the reestructuring and debt and brand selling and dissappearing... I just dont see how they can keep sponsoring it...
  3. kazzaqld

kazzaqld Addicted to Mickey

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    I don't much like this ride but I know lots of people that do and I think it would be a terrible shame to see it go for lack of sponsorship.

But like Mari I don't see how they can justify it in the current climate! :sorry: