1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Epcot today

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by gwennie81, Jul 10, 2011.

1. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

I was at Epcot today. Just a short trip. I was only there from ~12pm-4pm.

When I got there, Futureworld was packed to the jam-packed, but World Showcase wasn't busy at all!

I kind of just wandered from country to country. Was mostly indoors (air-conditioning, can I get an amen?) The first part of the afternoon, I was fine. But then at ~3pm it got super-hot. Patchy clouds and humid but it would not rain!

The shops in China have undergone a renovation. Spruced up and roomier. Less or more organized merchandise. And a lot of new and different merch. When you come out of the Reflections movie, look up! There are pretty paper lanterns haging from the ceiling.

I noticed in Canada's gift shop there is new merch in there as well. I asked one of the CM's and she said they got the stuff in about a month ago. Different soaps and lotions and things. I got a coworker a post-it note pad with a beaver on it (inside joke. LOL!)

I was glad to see Off-Kilter since I hadn't seen them the past few times I've been.

Wish I could've stayed longer! I'll be back with my BFF's next month! :yes:

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Gwennie! :lol: I'll be checking on that notepaper in Canada! :redface:

It was brutally hot at about 3:00 wasn't it? Ugh.

We've not been to the World Showcase since the Flower and Garden Festival. Will have to stop by one day soon.

Thanks for the report. Always good to read your thoughts and experiences. :yes:

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Brilliant :) I love hearing direct from the world :yes:

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Thanks for the updates on the WS Gwen.....love your minnie trippies :yes:

5. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

I soooo wanted to stay for the Heart tribute band but, after the DVC presentation, I just went on back home. The kitties were starving! LOL!

In pretty much all the gift shops I went in, even Mouse Tracks, I did notice a lot of new merch. I was tempted to get my brother a POTC t-shirt but I was reluctant because he's lost some weight and I need to see him in order to size him. LOL!

Norway is hawking "THOR" merch (t-shirts, etc.). I guess I didn't realize it was a Disney flick. And then "Captain America" was shown during the DVC presentation as well so, I'm sure eventually we'll see merch for that flick also. If they had some in the America pavilion, I'm not sure. That was one I did not go in.

The African pavilion has really grown. I like the whole "village market" feel it has. The paper beads have a more permanent kiosk and the CM that was selling them was really personable. She sold 5 bracelets in the 3 minutes I was checking them out! LOL! My BFF bought one when we went in January. I want to get one because they are for a good cause but, I can't decide which color I want. The CM that was selling them was trying to tell customers that the different colors stand for different characters which, may or may not, be true but it's a cute story. And in that case...I'll have to decide who my fave character is! LOL! Probably Minnie.