1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Esta changes to immigration? is it slower??

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by disneymom, Jan 25, 2009.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Hiya :wave: with having to fill in those online esta forms, does it make immigration faster or the same or slower?

Do we have to scan all ten fingers yet or is that something different :unsure:
  2. Keith

Keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I dont think anyone really knows yet since the system is so new

They were still only scanning two fingers in december but that will probably change to all ten soon. I dont believe that will be MUCH slower since they'll probably do the fingers either altogether or in two lots of four.. then the thumbs :lol:

I think ESTA will allow them to correlate all the data beforehand though so you may see a marginal improvement on time when in front of the immigration guy (and I suspect all those folks who say they've got away without a visa even though theyve committed offences etc. may well start being caught out before they've even left England.)
  3. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

I shall let you know in 2 weeks or so :mental: