1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

ESTA every time we go?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by disneymom, Jun 26, 2009.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Does anyone know if we have to fill in the online ESTA form for visas every time we go or does it just last for a time?

2. wymanp

wymanp Earning my ears

The ESTA online approval is valid for 2 years from the original acceptance date. please ensure you have your acceptance reference(s).

Hope this helps.

3. pigletpete

pigletpete Imagineer

Oh I didnt know that either, thanks thats great information

So we don't need to update it each time with where we're staying or anything?

4. DisneyDreamer

DisneyDreamer Earning my ears

Hello Pigletpete, it is valid for 2 years, but as I understand it, could be wrong, but if in the second year you were to stay somewhere else in florida then you would have to update any details that are different from the first year, am I right ?
    We have had our flight tickets through with a reminder to print off the reference numbers to take with us.

Bill.

5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

The official line seems to be that the application is valid for 2 years but if any details change between trips they should be updated. That in theory includes where you're staying.

They do say that it will probably be ok if you don't BUT the immigration officer will have the ESTA and API information on his screen when you're in front of him and may enquire why the information is different.

6. wymanp

wymanp Earning my ears

Updating ESTA data for repeat visits within the 2 year ESTA duration is recommended but is not mandatory. I.e. Upon entry into the USA, the Customs and Border Protection Officer will also have the traveler’s APIS data on screen at the same time as the ESTA data and this may lead to a query why the two sets of data do not match. Updating ESTA with new arrival and 1st night’s stay data will save time at the point of entry as it will mean fewer questions.