Establishing a souvenir budget

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World and Disney Springs' started by Brien Cook, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Brien Cook

Brien Cook New Member

Hi all,

Only a week to go before we head off to DW. We're pretty well set for our trip and getting excited.

One question I have is in regards to souvenirs. My wife and I are pretty modest when it comes to such things. However, we're taking a 10 year old who I know is going to want to buy a lot of things.

So what we did is establish a routine at home where she can earn up to $5 a day for souvenirs at DW. I think she's up to $140 so far with the ability to hit $180 before we leave. Is that a reasonable budget for a kid at DW? That's going to be 3 days at Magic Kingdom and a day each at the other Disney amusement parks.

2. Beccaberry

Beccaberry Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Website Manager/IT
    I think that's actually incredibly reasonable, and as close to the holidays as it is, if she finds something out of her budget that you really think she LOVES - it could be a great gift idea!

3. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Yes, that is very good. :yes: Know that most things are the same price throughout Disney, so if she sees something, no real reason to shop around.

4. Brien Cook

Brien Cook New Member

Cool, thanks.

5. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Dazzling everyone with my sheer awesomness :D
    Is she wanting specific Disney ornaments or excuse the word *tat* If it's *tat* then you will have loads of money for that. However a really nice Disney ornament could cost $50 for say a snow globe. Just to give you an idea. Disney stuff comes in all price ranges but just wanted to give you some help. One ornament in particular say a nice Disney Castle or so could take the whole budget in one go. But it would be beautiful.

6. Tony G

Tony G Active Member

Villa Owner
    Home Page:
    I love the idea of earning souvenir money! Certainly beats my usual method of plucking a number out of the sky, multiplying by ten and then doubling it.