1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Rumour Exclusive Meet and Greets at Walt Disney World for Fastpass+ Users

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

There is talk going around at the moment that Disney will be offering character meet and greets exclusively for Fastpass+ users.

This will mean that Guests who have a Fastpass+ you will be able to pre-book the time and day they want to meet a certain character. It doesn't sound like it will be the rare characters that are available but Disney are currently deciding who they will be.

As Fastpass+ is only currently available to Guests staying onsite and very soon for Florida Residents and Annual Passholders, this will mean that regular Park Guests will not be able to gain access to these Meet and Greets.

The characters included in the exclusive meet and greets, will be available to regular Guests at the different parks.

What do you think about this, do you think it is the beginning of what appears to be a two tiered system?

2. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

It's already a two-tiered system I think. Those on the Dining Plan, and those not. Now this is the start of another two-tiered system. I deliberately choose not to stay onsite for many reasons. I feel like I'm being punished in a way.

3. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

I think there already is one that's just for FP+ they were talking about it on a podcast. However it's not being advertised particularly, it just pops up as an option on my magic plus and they're testing it to see how popular it is. I can't for the life of me remember where and who it is though.....

4. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

I can see the pluses and minuses here.

For the prices Disney charges for staying on-site there should be more benefits for those guests. Adding Florida Residents and Annual Passholders though kind of takes away from that.

5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I think it's naive NOT to expect there will be tiers? I think we've all come to enjoy thinking of Disney as a gentle moral playful entity but it's a very successful company and of course they're going to encourage people to use more of their facilities by staying on site.

They'll naturally balance the bad feeling from those offsite with the increased revenue from more people staying onsite. If revenue gained > revenue lost, they'll keep doing it.

It's not to say I like the idea, I rather enjoy the feeling that everyone gets the same chance to see characters etc. but Disney has always had VIP tours, they close the park if you pay them enough ;-) if you pay them less, you get an entourage to show you round and first in line on everything! All that this is, is a perk for people who pay a lot of money to stay onsite.

6. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Too true.

I will say that AP holders and FL residents kept the place afloat right after 9-11 and they seem to have forgotten that.

7. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

sigh :( completely agree with that. I remember we went in Oct and dec 2001, everywhere was SO empty and they were glad to have us there. Things have certainly changed now that the guest numbers are up