1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

explain gratuities?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by MonorailMick, May 1, 2010.

1. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

i would like to atleast try one disney ressy just for the experience but who knows if i ever will........ok thx keith will go look at their menus

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I know I'm late chiming in here but I would NOT have put up with that kind of service or food quality. I certainly would not have paid for the meal, nor would I tip.

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

You're right John :( I was wrong on both occasions to have paid for the meal but we just didn't want the hassle whilst on holiday. Nevertheless, you're right.

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Disney, and the many restaurants that surround the immediate area (those with price points at less than $20 per entree) don't care about return business. Honest, they don't. Disney has made that perfectly clear on more than one occassion, and those off site restaurants are the same way.

We like 'our' Longhorn, but wouldn't go near the one by Disney. Things like that.

Mick, if you want a decent meal, then the closest to the Disney area I'd recommend is Dr. Phillips, and THAT is starting to fall off! :(

5. ukwdwnut

wow sounds like std's are dropping everywhere now :(

6. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I just want to say that if you ever feel that your service is so poor that you are not going to leave a tip, then you should really speak to the manager. The manager and the server both need to know. If you don't leave anything, then the server is just going to think you are cheap, not that they did something wrong.

7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I understand what you are saying, but there are times when I simply don't want to deal with it.

I once told a server that I wasn't happy with my food and it turned into a major production with the manager. He essentially accused me of lying and not knowing what I was talking about. I'm not willing to deal with that nonsense when I'm trying to have dinner.

(Not that that specific instance had anything to do with the server).

8. ukwdwnut

over here, i know a few people who have had a terrible meal and will not even pay the bill its been that bad :(