1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Extra costs on flights

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by mainecoon lover, Jul 15, 2008.

1. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

Now i am not sure how true this is as DFIL told me about it. Apparently airlines are going to be charging people another 8% on top of thier original price due to fuel costs. Even if you booked your flight last year you will still have to pay.
    Has anyone else heard this or did he here things :rolleyes008:.
    He also informed me that from next year we will have to pay to get into the USA.
    I think he has been dreaming it all but thought i better check it out.
  2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

What I think he is talking about with regard to charging to get into the US is that the Visa Waiver Green form will have to be completed online and there has been talk that there will be a charge for this. I'll see if I can find where I read about it.

I'm not sure about charging more for the extra fuel on the flights though, I was under the impression that once you had paid in full for your flight then unless the duty went up like it did last year and this wonderful Government wanted it backdated :rolleyes: then nothing else would be added.

I'll have a look and see what I can find out.
  3. Wendy

Ok, it's hit the headlines again this morning see here

It was mentioned a while ago from what I remember, it is beginning the 12th January 2009 and the waiver will be for a two year period. From what I've read, it seems it will be free in the beginning but they could start to charge for it.

As for the fuel surcharge there is a rumour that companies will add a hefty fuel surcharge to all flights booked from October. So if your flights are already booked you should be OK.
  4. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

5. Wendy

Your welcome, when I hear anything else I'll post it :)