1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

family First trip and i need help!

Discussion in 'Itineraries' started by Chicago_triplet_Mom, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Chicago_triplet_Mom

Chicago_triplet_Mom Earning my ears

hi everyone!! i am new here and planning our first ever real family vacation. don't get me wrong we have taken small weekend getaways.. nothing that involved a plane! My husband and i will be married 10 years in October the real reason is my Triplets will be turning 6(Zack, Matt, and Meg)! what better way to celebrate then a trip to DISNEY! i haven't been there since 1978 I was 4. i don't remember much but the dumbo ride!! i am over joyed in our trip. I begged the hubby into ordering the Birthday bash!!! i am SO EXCITED to see it including the faces of my children!!! im looking for advice in what i absolutely should not miss out with them?!? i have character dining, arkshus (sp?) chef mickey, 50's cafe, 1900 park fare. i did make reservations for the tusker house which i am leery of. i don't know if 1 the kids would like 2 food is something we all would enjoy?!
    i have made lists of the we must not miss. made lists of when and where the parades and fireworks are.. yeah i am nuts with this. but i LOVE every minutes of it. i am making lists just to keep going over what Disney has to offer. i really don't care if we GO BY THE ITINERARY!! ha ha!
    please any and all advice you can give me for the kids and hubby and i i would greatly appreciate!!:mental:

2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Do the kids know? If so you could talk to them about the rides and which of them sound like a must do. Get their input.

Character dining is absolutely enjoyable, even for us adults. I love the breakfast at Chef Mickey's.

Remember to take breaks, everyone will need them, especially with the heat.

I don't tend to make plans except for which park for which day, which are all based on my food reservations. If you are staying on the property take advantage of Extra Magic Hours.

3. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Oh what about BBB? And I believe there is a pirate one for boys? Someone I'm sure will verify that for me.

Oh and I love the atmosphere of Rainforest Cafe, but there is the new Dinosaur restaurant in DTD as well, which I've heard great things. (They were still building it when I was there last).

(psst...I'm also in the chicago area) :D

4. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:wave: I guess it would help if you tell us where you are staying and if you have the Dining Plan or not! :yes: Are you big breakfast eaters or do you like lunch or dinner better for your main meal? All the restaurants have a kids meal and very few places aren't kid friendly! Disney has several buffets like the Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey, Cape May, 1900 Park Fare. They have the Garden Grille at Epcot which is also a character meal. They have some great counter service like Sunshine Seasons in Epcot. Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge is a favorite of children( ask for catchup!) Do your kids like rides? Tame or wild?! There is something for everyone. Don't miss some of the classic rides like Pirates of the Carribean, COP, and The Haunted Mansion.

5. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Wow!!

sounds like a fantastic trip!!

Im sure you will have a wonderful time!!

I think you should take advantage of the fast passes to avoind long lines.
    The Kim Possible adventures at Epcot are something kids really enjoy :)
    Youve got some great character meals planned! good for you! that way you hit 2 birds with 1 stone, you get to eat and enjoy the characters in an air conditioned room :) it also saves a lot of time at parks, since you wont have to ge tin line for the same character there!
    Um... yeah! autograph books for each kid! You can get them at Disney, but if you have the time, its a nice touch to bring yourown, plus, with 3, its way cheaper! :)

6. Captain Teague

Captain Teague Earning my ears

Take a change of socks with you. Change out halfway through the day...it will re-energize your feet.
    You know your kids and their favorites, search for where you can find their fav characters. Many are scattered out and around the parks for surprise autograph sessions.
    Start trading pins, you can ask any CM to trade with you so get them started early and it is something they will hang onto forever.

7. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

What Tinkfan said! Also, how long are you going to be there for? Are you staying onsite? A little more background information and I think we can probably come up with some helpful ideas!

Tom :)macwave:... oh boy, virtual WDW newbies!)

8. Chicago_triplet_Mom

Chicago_triplet_Mom Earning my ears

Hi Everyone I am back. It was very depressing and took a along time to get back into the swing of things! Best trip ever also planning a return trip!!!:yes:

9. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Welcome back!

I'm such an idiot. When I posted earlier today, I didn't realize how old this thread was. :mental:

I'll go back to sleep now. :goingtobed:

Did you have fun? Tell us about it!

Tom :)macwave:... waking up slowly.)