1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Family suites?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by disney1sttimer, Feb 13, 2009.

1. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

Hi

Can you tell me which resorts have larger family suites available now? IS it just expensive ones or do the cheaper hotels have them too?

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I'm only really familiar with the DVC resorts, and of course they have several different types of accommodation that would work for a family.

I do believe I read somewhere that the All Stars resort now has family suites?

Best to check with one of our TAs. :yes: Johnie for the US and our Val for the UK. :yes:

They'll know for certain!

3. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

The All Stars Music is the value with the family suites :D

4. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Only All Stars Music has the family suites at this point. It's essentially two standard rooms configured into a two-room suite. One room is the "master suite" (king bed, if I remember correctly) with a bathroom; the other contains a sofa, chair and ottoman that convert into beds, sleeping four additional people. It also contains a kitchenette (cabinets, sink, refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker--not sure about a toaster), as well as the standard bathroom. The entrance is in the living room, with a connecting door to the master suite. Both rooms have a television.

Don't take master suite too literlly--it refers to the configuration, not degree of luxury! :D

Maximum number of guests is six plus one under age 3 in a Pak-N-Play.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  5. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

It usually seems to be cheaper to get 2 rooms at a value resort as opposed to a family suite.

6. luvthemansion

luvthemansion Imagineer

we looked and Johnies right it always seems to work out better to just get two rooms

7. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

The main advantage that I can see to the Family Suites over two value rooms is the kitchenette--particularly on a longer visit to WDW! Having the refrigerator and microwave in room would be terrific. :)

8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Does anyone know how the family suite compares to the cost of a DVC studio? (It has a microwave and refrigerator, and a toaster).

9. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

It's about double the seasonal rate of two connecting standard rooms plus about $20 to $40 per night--I don't remember the exact amount. So in value season ($82 per standard room) it would be about $180 to $200 per night plus tax. And it sleeps 6 plus one under age 3 in a Pak-N-Play.

We considered it for our trip in 2007, but Leu wanted to stay at Pop Century (and Lexie adored it, so it was a terrific choice for us). Troy was on pre-mixed bottled formula that only had to be refrigerated after opening, and he pretty much finished a bottle with each feeding, so that wasn't an issue.

10. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I would personally rather have two bathrooms and rent a fridge than get a kitchenette.

If I needed a kitchen, I would rent a condo or house :yes:

11. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Both rooms in the Family Suites have a bathroom--so 2 bathrooms are available. Wouldn't have considered it otherwise--four females and one bathroom? No way! :lol: