1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

fantasyland expansion project

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by mmouse, Feb 12, 2011.

1. mmouse

mmouse Earning my ears

can anyone tell me more about the fantasyland expansion project ? Ive just read the toontown fair closing thread which has shocked me really and I wonder what the fantasyland expansion project will be replacing all that space with?

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I don't really remember it all, but something to do with Princess meets, and things of that nature.

If I can remember what the info came to me in, I'll repost. I think it was a Mickey Monitor...

3. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

It's a major expansion which will more than double the size of the area.

With two phases scheduled to open in 2012 and 2013, the land will offer new experiences and will introduce a wider array of characters. To make way for the new attractions, the expanded Fantasyland will take over the area of Mickey's Toontown Fair. Snow White's Scary Adventures, will also be removed as part of the Fantasyland expansion. But a new Snow White attraction is planned called The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. It seems that the emphasis will be less on scary adventures and more on the heigh-hoing dwarfs and their work in the diamond mine.

Three is to be a new ride - Under the Sea- Journey of the Little Mermaid. This will feature music and characters from the hit film, The Little Mermaid. The Little Mermaid Ride will likely use an Omnimover system and "clammobile" cars that will be similar to the ones found at The Seas with Nemo and Friends ride at Epcot.

Beauty and the Beast Land - Cinderella won't have the only castle in Fantasyland. The Beast will take up residence here. The Beauty and the Beast adventure will begin at Belle's village where guests will visit her father's cottage. A magic mirror will transport guests to the Beast's castle where they will have an opportunity to retell the Beauty and the Beast story by performing it for Belle.
    You will then be able to dine in the elegant, 550-seat Be Our Guest Restaurant inside Beast’s castle or grab a quick bite at Gaston's Tavern. Interestingly, the restaurant will offer quick-service meals during the day. At night, however, it will transform into a table service restaurant with a more refined menu.

Princess Mania - Cinderella will leave her castle and take up residence along with other Disney heroines such as Aurora, Tiana, and Rapunzel in a new meet-and-greet area, Princess Fairytale Hall.

A Jumbo-Sized Dumbo
    Dumbo the Flying Elephant ride. Disney plans a second Dumbo platform which will double the capacity of the ride, and the queue will snake through a big-top circus tent complete with interactive games to entertain guests. The dueling Dumbos will be located in the Mickey's Toontown Fair land, which will be rechristened Storybook Circus.

Big Top Goofy
    The Barnstormer junior coaster will remain, but it will get renamed and (slightly) re-themed as The Great Goofini to correspond to its Storybook Circus home.

4. WDW-DHI-365

WDW-DHI-365 Earning my ears

In other words . . . it's going to be AMAZING when the expansion is complete.

I was thrilled to hear the expansion plan and I can't wait to see it completed.