1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Fantasyland Expansion to Begin

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by gwennie81, Mar 13, 2010.

1. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

Walt Disney World, in the midst of early prep work for its Fantasyland expansion, has pulled permits for the three princess areas that will be built as part of the project.

A few weeks ago, amid other permits for to demolish some existing structures, Disney filed notices to start construction of Cinderella’s Chateau, Belle’s Village and Aurora’s Cottage. The company also filed notices to build a new restaurant (presumably the Be Our Guest restaurant or Gaston’s Tavern in the Beauty and the Beast area) and a gift shop in the same area.

The three princess locales, along with a ride based on fourth Disney princess, Ariel of The Little Mermaid, are part of the first phase of the Fantasyland project and are scheduled to open sometime in 2012. A second phase, anchored by a Tinker Bell area, is to open in 2013.

2. MrDark

MrDark Earning my ears

is there a schedule as to what sections of fantasyland will be closed during which times? looking to in oct 2011 and am curious to know if it will be worth it if fantasyland is closed for renovation.

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

WDW does refurbishing on a regular basis. Usually, there is something closed or behind green construction walls, regardless of park or time of year.

There very well may be a schedule for this renovation, though whether it's published or not is another story.

Welcome to the site, by the way! :yes:

4. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

ooohh how exciting!

This reminded me what happened with Alien encounter?

5. MrDark

MrDark Earning my ears

Right....there have been several times I've been when things were blocked off for renovation and what not.

Hopefully they will let us know what will be closed when!

I'm just happy I got to see the Toontown decorated for Christmas for the last time in January!

6. gwennie81

Well, if the Reedy Creek district has the same rules on permits as my city, the permits will expire in six months if they don't start construction. Look for the improvements to begin shortly.

7. gwennie81

Also, it said they pulled permits for demo and only filed NOC's for the other work. That doesn't mean they have the permits to construct the new buildings yet. NOC's are just documents filed with the county stating mostly the address of the work to be done, type of work to be done, and contractors.
    They'll probably be done when they project to be done (barring any severe storms or other unforseen setbacks).

8. MrDark

MrDark Earning my ears