1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

fast lane uk passports?

Discussion in 'General' started by disneymom, Feb 5, 2011.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

hiya :wave:

last time we went we saw people using a fast lane at security at orlando and a special automated fast lane at manchester airport. Now I think it 's something to do with a new uk passport which has a new chip in it but I'm really not sure does anyone else know? The line at manchester was off to the left of the huge normal immigration queue
  2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

The Fastlane is mainly for either First Class passengers, those with disabilities or with very little time left before their departure time.

Thanks to our FC miles, we have managed to fly UC with VA on several of our trips and our boarding cards were stamped to use the fasttrak facility.
    I asked at the security at MCO on our last return trip and I was told that there wasn`t a fasttrak line for first class passengers there though!
  3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Ah now, as sir Slowhand says, the security fasttrack is there but if you mean immigration on the way back into manchester, I think I know what you mean. It's a trial and works by scanning passengers' faces comparing it to the biometrics stored on their passport chip and uses automatic gates to open when verified.
  4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I did notice that one at Immigration at Manchester also Keith, however I didn`t bother using it as there was hardly anyone standing in line at Immigration.
  5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

The queue was quite large when I was last there so I was tempted but no one was completely clear which passport variant was needed for it to work :/ one with biometric photo thing, one with chip hidden, one with chip visible etc. so I didnt risk it.
  6. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

We saw people using this at Manchester last year and it was very quick, I think what you are talking about is the IRIS system.

You don't need a biometric passport for this, you just have to register at the airport once you are in departures.

There is an excerpt from their website here

A link is here to the main IRIS website How does IRIS work

Hope his helps :)