1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Fastpass+ and Magicbands

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Isafari, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We are WDW annual pass holders. We stay offsite. Can we use the Fastpass+ or Magicbands system?

I admit it has me stumped so any information on the above at all would be great ..... thank you
  2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

The Magic Bands are being handed out to Annual Pass Holders now. Annual Pass Holders and Florida Residents will be given one band free, if it us lost or damaged you will need to replace it at your own cost.

Once you have the Magic Band then you will be able to make use of Fastpass+ it is not available at the moment any other way.
    keith likes this.
  3. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Thanks Wendy
    Can I order one in advance or will they be handed to us on our next visit to a WDW park?
    I've heard that you can make your Fastpass returns well in advance but if you don't have the bands.....
    Maybe I'm picking this up wrong so forgive me if I'm talking jibberish!
  4. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

You have to exchange your existing pass for the Band at any Guest Relations.

The Band works in conjunction with the Disney Experience App and is linked to your account.

Yes you can make Fastpass+ reservations well in advance but only if you have the Band and it is linked to your account.

The Bands have now had PhotoPass added to them as well, so instead if having a card, the photographer scans your Band.

Only Guests staying onsite will be able to use the Bands for making payments at the Resorts or the Parks.
    keith, Lisa1976 and jojo like this.