1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Question Fastpass+ for Wishes and Parades?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by MystikPiglit, May 22, 2014.

1. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

So, how does that work? :unsure: Are there special areas to stand in? Has anyone any experience of this?

Thank you. :)
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

yeah! I wasn't going to bother but my personal executive TA Wendy made me book fastpass+s this time :lol: and yeah, pretty good to be honest!

At both EPCOT and MK, there are special areas to stand in. They're opened up about 30 minutes before the fireworks and guarded carefully by a team of CMs which sometimes needs to be seen to be believed! you are NOT getting in there from any direction no way no hour, 1 minute earlier than they want you to.

Queues normally form quite early, an hour before isn't uncommon, but probably unnecessary unless you want to guarantee a certain place so no one is in front of you (pretty unnecessary for fireworks IMHO but ok ;-)

Once open, your magic band/AP/ticket is scanned to find your fastpass+ and once validated you go through. Again they're strict and I've seen people turned away because their FP+ wasnt on the system.

Each area is pretty large and I didn't feel cramped or crowded

You can check your FP+s easily not just on my disney experience but at one of the many FP+ stations round the parks or in guest services. These work really quickly, touch your band/card to the mickey head and instantly you see your fp+s.

The viewing areas have been great really and I was glad Wendy suggested getting them

In fact, Ive never used fastpass :) we don't do many rides and the ones we do don't have large queues anyway. So this was the first time I used the system and must say, it worked great!
    Wendy likes this.
  3. MystikPiglit

Thank you. :) We rarely use use Fastpasses either so this caught my eye.
    I think we'll give it s try. :)
  4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Im sure things will change as time goes on, but we've been able to sit down in the morning and think ok, epcot tonight and still get reasonably timed fp+ with illuminations etc. I'm almost tempted to say that the standby lines arent as long either because so many people have planned via fp+ so they just walk on and off, onto the next
  5. MystikPiglit

We're trying to make this a relaxing trip so I'm not planning anything that isn't essential. :)
  6. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

If you don't use Fastpasses then I think it's an ideal opportunity to get into a reserved area.

Like I said to Keith, you could make them for every night and if you decided not to go you haven't got anything to lose :)
    MystikPiglit and keith like this.