FastPass+ or Disability Access Card

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World and Disney Springs' started by Wendy, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou Makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I can't stand for long periods of time in one place for several reasons and the last time we went I had the old Guest Assistance Card, which I hardly used :lol:

Disney have now changed to the DAC and I'm not sure if I will even be able to get the card now as they will probably tell me to use a wheelchair (boy does this bug me, I don't want to use a wheelchair, I want to stay mobile on my own for as long as I can!) sorry, mini rant over :anxious: To be honest, part of me is even wondering whether to waste the time asking.

So my question is, as someone who doesn't plan, is it worth me just randomly getting the maximum FastPass+ I am allowed for every day just in case we might be at the Park (I will feel bad doing this as I will be stopping others from getting Passes) but I don't know what to do.

I understand with DAC you get a time from the CM and then you go back at the allotted time and use the FastPass lane. So this would mean that we could walk up to something and think ok it's a 45 minute wait, we'll go and sit and people watch for 45 minutes. I know this isn't going to work with the likes of Soarin or 7DMT but do you get my drift.

What do you think is best, ask for the card (if I can get one), see if the line isn't too long, then wait or get random FastPass+s "just in case"

It's difficult to know what to do, we don't ride many things, we tend to just wander round and go on something if I feel like it :sigh:

2. Tony G

Tony G Active Member

Villa Owner
    Home Page:
    I think you should at least attempt to get a DAC. It'll make getting on rides you don't have a FastPass for much easier for you and you have every right to enjoy the parks as much as any other paying guest.

As a backup, I would book FasPasses for your favourite attractions. Cancel them as soon as you know you're not going to need them, so someone else can get them but have them nonetheless.

Worse case scenario: you can walk on to the three FP+ attractions you've booked.

Best case scenario: you can walk on to anything you like (after waiting outside) and probably made someone's day who has suddenly and unexpectedly been able to book a FastPass for a well-loved attraction.

If you decide to go attraction-crazy, you can even combine both!

Oh, and please don't feel bad for asking for what you need. If you don't, chances are Disney will lose a fan far quicker than they would have otherwise.

3. Beccaberry

Beccaberry Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Website Manager/IT
    :yeahthat:

Exactly what Tony said :D

4. Wendy

Thanks for that Tony :hug2:

It will all be new to me and just won't feel right :lol:

5. Tony G

Tony G Active Member

Villa Owner
    Home Page:
    Anytime, Wendy :)

I'm sure you'll be FP-ing and DAC-ing with the best of them soon enough!

6. Wendy

:lol: I'm not so sure about that, I don't like change :D

7. Tony G

Tony G Active Member

Villa Owner
    Home Page:
  8. Beccaberry

Website Manager/IT
    You can do it, Wen!!! I'll personally come down and valet you around :D

9. Johnie

Johnie Active Member

Vocational Counselor
    Wendy,

With the new DAS card, Disney will tell you to get a wheelchair or an ECV. They only seem to be giving out DAS cards for other disabilities.

10. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Dazzling everyone with my sheer awesomness :D
    You can't see my disability and I do get weird looks off people but you know me well enough to know I couldn't give a flying fig what people think or say. Like Tony says, you pay enough and if you need a Das or whatever they call it now then you blooming well get one. Sod what others think, none of them are medically trained on your needs. I will get you a t shirt that says "Raise your hand if you have an opinion about me.... now place it firmly over your mouth" and if that doesn't shut them up take me along......

11. Wendy

I have both Esme, one you can see and others you can't unfortunately :sigh: I'd give anything to be well and normal :(

Thanks Johnie, I thought that would be the case, I love the way they tell you to get the chair or ecv are they going to give me a free one whenever I am at a park. Not that it makes a difference, I wouldn't use it anyway :anxious:

I just know I won't be comfortable going to ask for one and having to explain myself.

I hated that in Universal Studios, they made me feel like a second rate citizen and Chris told them to forget it as I was getting upset and panicking.

So, let me get this right, Tony and Becca are going to come with me and sort things out, is that right :wink:

12. Beccaberry

Website Manager/IT
    Yes ma'am! I bet between the two of us we can get you sorted ;) and if we can't, I'm sure Tink will step in!

13. Wendy

Oh dear.....................:lol:

14. Tony G

Tony G Active Member

Villa Owner
    Home Page:
    Well: yes, we all wish that for you.
    Normal: pah! overrated!

Count me in! I'll get you DAC, and if I can't, I'll just barge the people in the queue out of the way, blaming Disney (and mumbling apologies in a very British way) as I go!