1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Fatal Food Allergies

Discussion in 'Special Needs' started by Unitee777, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Unitee777

Unitee777 Earning my ears

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions for dealing with fatal food allergies while vacationing at WDW? We've made various dinner reservations and have heard that if we call and talk to the chef, they will cater to the needs of the child with the allergy. We also wonder about any medical staff on site in case there is an emergency. An epi pen is carried at all times but that a temporary help until emergency medical assistance arrives. Any advice?
  2. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Here's the information from the Disney web site:

Hope this helps. Guest Services at your hotel should be able to help also.

Tom :)macwave:... find out something new every day!)
  3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Even if you let them know the 48 hours in advance make sure you let your waitperson know when you arrive. If you are doing a counter service meal you need to make sure that whatever foods you are allergic to are not placed anywhere near what you are eating and if they can't do that then I would highly suggest another place to eat.

And to answer your other question, yes WDW has medical personnel on site.
  4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

WDW has a medical response team, also. They use a little modified golf cart. However, it's not the fastest response team ever, so be alert to that. There is a first aid station with at least one RN in each park, also.
  5. DispatchNinja28

DispatchNinja28 Earning my ears

I don't know what food the allergy is to, I have a fatal allergy to Tomatoes to the point I cannot be in the room when tomatoe sauce is being cooked bc my throat starts closing up. Always always have Benadryl and an epi pen on hand and make sure the person with an allergy has a med alert bracelet. In my expierience Disney has always been exeptional with allergies, as mentioned about call before hand and always tell your server. I always explain that no tomatoe products can be NEAR my food, sometimes people may just pick off tomatoes from salad's etc, this is not acceptable, make sure you emphasize your allergy and they go out of their way to accomodate you, the last thing they want is a lawsuit. Usually the manager and or the head chef will come speak to you personally, as well as personally over see your meal being made.
  6. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

What we do is put it down when we make a reservation so the personnel knows ahead of time

Then, when we check in, we let our server know, on every occasion the chef has come to our table, enquired about the specific allergies, and offered alternatives.

Disney is SUPER accomodating :)